• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOOLproof Way To Get Coins Cheaper At Auction
1 1

69 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, VKurtB said:

I’m right at 5.5 

@coinman_23885

One unassailable fact...

The member you are chastising has 21 followers.

How many do you have?

The defense rests.  🐓

On 7/18/2021 at 8:05 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@coinman_23885

One unassailable fact...

How many do you have?

The defense rests.  🐓

And the last time I looked, despite being inactive here for most of my membership, I am number 4 ALL TIME in the number of “likes”, FWIW, which is admittedly not much. 

On 7/18/2021 at 8:05 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@coinman_23885

One unassailable fact...

How many do you have?

The defense rests.  🐓

Er hat eins. 

Does Ebay let bidders off the hook or hold them to what they bid?  I understand collecting $ from a buyer is one thing but Ebay should ban people like that.  I can't remember when I signed up for Ebay but don't have clause in the User Agreement saying the auction is legally binding?  I don't know, just asking.

This whole thread about feebay is why I dropped them 16 years ago and never looked back as a seller(non-coin related) and as a buyer. There are numerous other places to sell and buy than that pit.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:29 AM, MN1 said:

Does Ebay let bidders off the hook or hold them to what they bid?  I understand collecting $ from a buyer is one thing but Ebay should ban people like that.  I can't remember when I signed up for Ebay but don't have clause in the User Agreement saying the auction is legally binding?  I don't know, just asking.

eBay has/had a strike system. It used to be 3 strikes and you were banned. I think you got a suspension at 2 strikes. However, now they base it on how much you buy. From what I understand, it is hard to get banned as a buyer. All the buyer needs to do is dispute the strike and claim the seller was unresponsive, lied about the condition, refused to ship, etc and the strike disappears. I've been told that the 1st strike will be removed for just asking.

This is the first time I have heard a complaint about eBay.  It's (expletive deleted) PayPal which seems to do all the dirty work on behalf of their host.

About a year ago, I started getting rather direct orders from PayPal threatening me with this and that unless I paid NOW (using a font size even our own VKurtB would be envious of).  I had the pleasure of informing them I had sent the payment for an overseas purchase a week ago via bank wire transfer at their request!  Because of my miniscule area of interest and insistence on acquiring the top grades, many of which I've freely acknowledged do not as yet exist, I eschew raw coins and potentially unpleasant surprises.  🐓

On 8/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, MN1 said:

I can't remember when I signed up for Ebay but don't have clause in the User Agreement saying the auction is legally binding?

Ebay will tell you it is a legally binding contract, but they don't have any enforcement powers.  They can't MAKE the buyer or seller go through with the deal.  The most they can do if there are too many problems is to kick you off the site.