• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stripes
1 1

44 posts in this topic

I have a new one though this is a 2016 P quarter I have 2 of them Is of the same year and a friend of mine also has 2 of them same year He is calling it a late stage die.Has anyone else seen this or know exactly what it is?

Picture_20213903103933.jpg

Picture_20213903103955.jpg

Picture_20214003104020.jpg

2 hours ago, Patman54 said:

I have a new one though this is a 2016 P quarter I have 2 of them Is of the same year and a friend of mine also has 2 of them same year He is calling it a late stage die.Has anyone else seen this or know exactly what it is?

Picture_20213903103933.jpg

Picture_20213903103955.jpg

Picture_20214003104020.jpg

This Quarter is exhibiting Die Deterioration Doubling or possibly Strike or Machine Doubling, can't tell exactly from the pics, lots of glare. Either way, it is worthless doubling.  

In regards to your Kennedy Half.  I know this is a weird question (I do have a suspicion), but have you weighed this coin? If so, please give us the weight.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, James Zyskowski said:

Well according to my handy dandy red book the silver40percent is 11.50 and the clad is 11.34 grams. Have we figured out what composition it is? 

1 hour ago, Patman54 said:

Standard clad copper nickel 

Sweet look at us newbies go. Getting together the data. Good work!  Now we wait kinda like fishing 🎣 

17 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

It looks like glue marks left from that type of tape with the nylon tread running through it?

Those were my exact thoughts. Someone had it taped to something at one time or another. 

6 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Those were my exact thoughts. Someone had it taped to something at one time or another. 

My Father-in-law used to do that with pennies and other coins a lot and sometimes the glue ate into the coin forever leaving a mark