• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter Crown
2 2

11 posts in this topic

My guess is that coin never saw the Turks & Caicos islands. The county only mints NCLT. This and the same date 1/2 Crown are the only coins that come close to having the appearance of actually being able to circulate. 

I find their designs very generic and rather dull. This is actually one of their nicest design, IMO.

2 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Didn't you find a Bahamas coin a while back as well? I've never found anything that interesting, some Canadian coins once and a while. 

It was a Panama coin. It may be pretty common to find them in places but here where we live we hardly ever see anything like that. They were nothing special but neat finds for the geography   

48 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

It was a Panama coin. It may be pretty common to find them in places but here where we live we hardly ever see anything like that. They were nothing special but neat finds for the geography   

Are you saying that Eastern Kentucky isn't a popular tourist destination for world travelers? ???

Los Angeles, circa 1990, I met a guy selling world coins by the pound. It was heavy in Mexico, stripped of Canada, and the rest was an extremely wide variety of countries. Turns out that he was buying it from the City. It was all the foreign coins that were put in parking meters, thrown in fountains, etc. He told me they held sales fairly regularly, whenever they accumulated enough. He would buy a couple thousand pounds at a time. 

2 hours ago, gmarguli said:

Are you saying that Eastern Kentucky isn't a popular tourist destination for world travelers? ???

Los Angeles, circa 1990, I met a guy selling world coins by the pound. It was heavy in Mexico, stripped of Canada, and the rest was an extremely wide variety of countries. Turns out that he was buying it from the City. It was all the foreign coins that were put in parking meters, thrown in fountains, etc. He told me they held sales fairly regularly, whenever they accumulated enough. He would buy a couple thousand pounds at a time. 

Not many people like to stop and see us. Not much here. I figured we would see more world coins than what we do though. Every once in a while a Canadian coin or something will pop up in change. Probably more Canadian cents than anything. 

On 7/2/2021 at 6:55 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Not many people like to stop and see us. Not much here. I figured we would see more world coins than what we do though. Every once in a while a Canadian coin or something will pop up in change. Probably more Canadian cents than anything. 

I used to get sort of nearby you when I was riding Amtrak’s Cardinal with some regularity.

[Neat trick:  occasionally I will spot foreign coins which were rejected by a CoinStar or similar machine which are left behind as unusable at a local store. The coins found closely approximate in size and weight those in commerce in the United States 🇺🇸 

Happy Fourth of July!  :preach:

14 hours ago, VKurtB said:

I used to get sort of nearby you when I was riding Amtrak’s Cardinal with some regularity.

Ever come by here again stop in and give us a holler. I got some good lies saved up. That goes for all of you all on here. More than welcome to stop by anytime. We will fire up the grill or fire pit and eat something. 

21 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Ever come by here again stop in and give us a holler. I got some good lies saved up. That goes for all of you all on here. More than welcome to stop by anytime. We will fire up the grill or fire pit and eat something. 

When (not if) I get up that way again, it’ll be by car and we’ll plan something. Coming from Alabama is a whole different thing than Pennsylvania.