• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So how you feeling about mint delay
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Given the limited quantity and excessive pricing I'm not concerned at all. I won't be purchasing anything from the Mint for a long time I think.
This includes any bullion, cheaper to pay for slabbed Au or Ag at auction houses.

This is a wonderful fix. Before people would spend 30 minutes trying to get an item that was going to sell out and leave frustrated that they didn't get it. Now people will only need to spend 3 minutes trying to get a item that will sell out before they can leave frustrated that they didn't get it. 

59 minutes ago, EdG_Ohio said:

Given the limited quantity and excessive pricing I'm not concerned at all. I won't be purchasing anything from the Mint for a long time I think.
This includes any bullion, cheaper to pay for slabbed Au or Ag at auction houses.

EXACTLY!!  i am going to be diverting my hard earned cash to something a little older and nicer.  I can by a good standing liberty quarter for what they are wanting on EBAY.  or even a really nice Buffalo

9 minutes ago, RWB said:

The message clearly says they are postponing the windows. Everything else is OK -- doors, cabinets, plumbing and electric, HV/AC, etc. Also, there's no silver shortage - the immediate demand has outrun pandemic stockpiles and it takes a little time to  bring production back to normal levels.

SHORTAGE ....The Girl at my bank said there is a coin shortage and I can only exchange your coin rolls you hunt JP. I can swap but I cant sell you any change.. WTH ¬¬  The only shortage is with the Pandemic people did not want to exchange currency for fear of getting the virus so plastic was the choice of most.

37 minutes ago, RWB said:

The message clearly says they are postponing the windows. Everything else is OK -- doors, cabinets, plumbing and electric, HV/AC, etc. Also, there's no silver shortage - the immediate demand has outrun pandemic stockpiles and it takes a little time to  bring production back to normal levels.

Yeah, right.  The track got muddied and sloppy so they had to scratch the race.

When coin collecting was the province of individual collectors, everything was tickety-boo.  The investor types "discovered" numismatics and what vestige was left of a pleasurable personal pastime turned into an ugly, unpredictable, unstable, the sky is the limit,  cut-throat business venture.

Thanks, but I'll stick to 🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓.  Sixteen in all, no hits, no runs, no errors, no varieties -- all perfect. Simple.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Re-wording for Moderation.

When was the last time you could find someone who would do windows? Mention that and cleaning folks run away and hide behind the shrubbery. I can understand the Mint postponing doing windows. Their building in DC has a lot of windows and all sorts of cubicles, too -- but they have a long enough record to anticipate the reaction.....

22 hours ago, RWB said:

When was the last time you could find someone who would do windows? Mention that and cleaning folks run away and hide behind the shrubbery. I can understand the Mint postponing doing windows. Their building in DC has a lot of windows and all sorts of cubicles, too -- but they have a long enough record to anticipate the reaction.....

With the “urination poor” performance of their website, it’s painfully obvious that Windows is far too common in their IT shop. Yeccch!

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

With the “urination poor” performance of their website, it’s painfully obvious that Windows is far too common in their IT shop. Yeccch!

You are the only member who speaks this way. In fact, you are the only one allowed to speak this way -- and I am not ashamed to say I love ❤ it and when my wife hears me laughing, she knows it's got to be about something you've written!  xD

8 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

You are the only member who speaks this way. In fact, you are the only one allowed to speak this way -- and I am not ashamed to say I love ❤ it and when my wife hears me laughing, she knows it's got to be about something you've written!  xD

I’ve got a Unix/Linux variant on EVERY piece of tech I run. That includes MacOS and iPad OS and iOS. My main “big box” is running Ubuntu. Not a Windows PC is the bunch. I got my CC privy marked dollar with a single iPhone SE running the stock browser while sitting outside in the sunshine at my wife’s physical therapy appointment. It crashed about 5 times, so I tried a 6th time, and got in.

4 hours ago, VKurtB said:

As a F n G (Federal Government) IT contractor i can attest to the simplisity of the computer systems in current use.  Mostly Windows serve platforms fed ramp cloud sourced VMs.... :(  but those of us who do the real work run the Red Hat and Fedora servers..........(better for making things rumble off of the pad) we get kinda tourqed when they send us to fix Bill's stuff :( of course i send him a Christmas card every year hehehehhehehe

If these seemingly well-coordinated attempts are being used to persuade me to give up my talk-and-text cell only, my manual Underwood typewriter, and Linotype monstrosity in storage, you have failed. (And I am not giving up my "Steeplechase the funny place" button or Horn and Hardart spoon.)  I am, however, seriously considering selling my 19th Century hand-blown emerald pedestal eye washer, after I get my hands on an "eBay for Dummies" book.  Nite all!