• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1998 quarter

15 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Tony moe said:

I saw someone else has the same displacement on her coin also. How does it happen on 2 coins?

Maybe she sold it  lol

Edited by J P Mashoke

I saw someone else has the same displacement on her coin also. How does it happen on 2 coins?

Noone sold anything to me, i was reading her topic on here. Not long before i posted mine

41 minutes ago, Tony moe said:

Noone sold anything to me, i was reading her topic on here. Not long before i posted mine

Coins can be damaged in very similar ways, 1's I's N's can see a lot of movement when hit and that I being closer to the edge makes it a common target for damage. My opinion is it's damage and two coins being damaged in a similar/identical manner isn't uncommon or impossible. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Grammar

29 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

Maybe she sold it  lol

24 minutes ago, Tony moe said:

Just joking with you Tony. Welcome to the forum. Like Mike said it happens a lot in the same spot on coins. After looking at a few thousands you will see a lot of similarity's 

14 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

Just joking with you Tony. Welcome to the forum. Like Mike said it happens a lot in the same spot on coins. After looking at a few thousands you will see a lot of similarity's 

I am new here also and I learn something new every day. I am what you call a Cherry Picker. I roll hunt for coins with imperfection's all the time. Some times you find cool things and sometimes you find just  PMD ..Post Mint Damage.. they call it. But It is still a great hobby and I hope you will like it here.   

Thanks, i have a few cool coins some are double died some are off center and some are jus old, i search through change everyday hoping to find something worth it. I also have a quarter with the privy mark v75. Not sure About it yet i jus recently found it.

4 hours ago, Tony moe said:

Once you look at more and more coins you will notice there will be several like that.