• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How is this possible ? How is this so unfair to the average Joe collector?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Rare collectibles TV just shot out a Facebook ad for the 2021 Proof Type 2 Silver Eagle.

for $395! So wrong since the rest of us can’t get it until July. These big dealers have got us by the shorties! I’m not a fan of this guy anymore than the other guy on HSN.

Rip off artists who are allowed to buy tens of thousands of coins before we can.

15AFBCC0-CBA7-4928-84E4-D74720F30D36.jpeg

In all fairness to this guy, the ad does state available 30 days after the release in 
August. But it’s obvious the USMint and TPGs favor these guys because they make a ton of money off of them.

The Mint's sales department has an extensive program for bulk purchases with a sliding discount scale based on volume. It also has pre-order options which help the Mint plan production.

Just show you the big players are so sure ! They will have enough PF70 grades to meet the demands for anyone who wants pay out the cash before they are even released to public ... PF69 and PF70 is a joke on modern market to each their own drink the kool-aid you like 

59 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

What's the reverse gonna look like?  Just hope my electric doesn't go out and I lose my wifi on this one. Lol. I missed the type 1 proof. 

You can sign up in the enrolment program and get one on the first day of release. 

1 hour ago, Rummy13 said:

You can sign up in the enrolment program and get one on the first day of release. 

I probably will. Wish I had done that last time. 

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Why is it a joke?  Because you, personally, do not like to collect 70's?

I just don’t believe in all the hype between 69 and 70 . Unless you send in large bulk submission token for your thank you you’ll get a 70 or two out of a bunch there really no difference between the two grades I’ve seen a few MS68s I could see why they gotten that grade due to milk spots on the coin . I can see people collecting 70’s for registry I guess if they love it then do it 

I did the alert thing and that’s how I landed the 2021W ASE. As soon as I got the text, I remember I was waiting at the dentist for my wifeys teeth cleaning on Feb. 11. Had the mint app on my phone and got it in the first five minutes. Little did I know it would sell out soon thereafter. This shouldn’t be the problem with the Type 2. I’m sure they are stocking silver planchette up the wazoo right now. Nonetheless, I’ll be in that line at the door.

3 hours ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

I did the alert thing and that’s how I landed the 2021W ASE. As soon as I got the text, I remember I was waiting at the dentist for my wifeys teeth cleaning on Feb. 11. Had the mint app on my phone and got it in the first five minutes. Little did I know it would sell out soon thereafter. This shouldn’t be the problem with the Type 2. I’m sure they are stocking silver planchette up the wazoo right now. Nonetheless, I’ll be in that line at the door.

We got hit with an ice storm. Electricity and wifi knocked out. All the towers were down. I cut my way to town to try and get one and the towers were down in town too. I was very upset I missed out on that one. I'll be ready for this next one.