• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info on the coin. Thank you.

11 posts in this topic

It's not a coin. I assume it's a Tsarist-era Russian token or medallion,and I doubt that it is gold. The legend is too muddy for me to read even if you cropped and rotated it properly, but I can tell it's in Cyrillic.

I'm no expert at all but wanna try my opinion out. It looks like it's plated. The color don't look right to me. Or it's brass or something. I've been wrong before though. Don't take my opinion to heart. Like I said I'm definitely not qualified to make an assessment.  

21 hours ago, JKK said:

It's not a coin. I assume it's a Tsarist-era Russian token or medallion,and I doubt that it is gold. The legend is too muddy for me to read even if you cropped and rotated it properly, but I can tell it's in Cyrillic.

The key lies in translating that circumferential legend...

1 minute ago, Meren said:

It says ( модный наряд для женщин и девиц ) 

something like fashionable wear for women and ladies. 

LOL, that cracked me up. Definitely seems like a token then and gold colored only.