• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 cents $ 25 cents
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Coins likely kept in a rusting steel can -- such as a coffee can. If it is any consolation, some collectors of gold coins try to convince themselves that the colors on the PO's quarter are exceptional toning and worth a huge premium.

40 minutes ago, Lancek said:

Just for my own knowledge, can a coin be ATed on just one side?  Seems like a lot of the methods I have heard mentioned, dipping, extreme heat, would affect all sides.  Not asking for details on how it could be done.  Don't want to give ATers any more ideas.  Just a yes or no.

And why would someone?  Seems like for people who like that kind of stuff, AT on both sides would bring a bigger premium.

Yes AT can be applied to one side.  The why is less easy to know, one possible reason is experimentation.   Coins like this may have been the work of someone practicing or learning the trade.

Thanks for the comment,

Actually in terms l don't use the word AT or NT and l'de rather use the word accelerated coin. In my opinion both AT and NT caused by a chemistry where the metal reacts something in the chemistry to create corrosion by products, At and NT are both disceptive. 

The reason why l have accelarated my coins is to see them natural the way it looks like and since l can't afford to buy any special objects just to see the characteristics of each coins l choose to to discovered if how can be done by my own method which is lm really happy and very proud of my self for the outcome. And l don't want to use anything just to provide a beautiful and vibrant color of each coins. 
And the reason why l ask the value its bec. Want to see how  do you guys appreciate my own creativity and that might have help me, But thanks anyway..

1 hour ago, Lancek said:

Just for my own knowledge, can a coin be ATed on just one side?  Seems like a lot of the methods I have heard mentioned, dipping, extreme heat, would affect all sides.  Not asking for details on how it could be done.  Don't want to give ATers any more ideas.  Just a yes or no.

And why would someone?  Seems like for people who like that kind of stuff, AT on both sides would bring a bigger premium.

Yah your totally right and thanks for the comment though, l tottally agreed that if you really interested to onething you have to ask if how can this be done ,

for me of you really trusted your ability chances are huge specially those are really appreciate, and there's no need to use for any to buy from the market, My intension is to share what l have discovered using my own ideas insteadof using any formula that still human made, l do believe a saying that if you are curious to onething everything can figuroutable 

I would caution my brethren to resist the urge to rush to judgment.  As we all know, Ratzie33 has traditionally been the last word on all manner of creativity particularly in the field of numismatics.  To be fair, any discussion of experimentation and toning should also be brought to the attention of VKurtB as a matter of professional courtesy.  😉

On 3/8/2021 at 11:48 AM, Cresencio said:

Thanks for the comment,

Actually in terms l don't use the word AT or NT and l'de rather use the word accelerated coin. In my opinion both AT and NT caused by a chemistry where the metal reacts something in the chemistry to create corrosion by products, At and NT are both disceptive. 

The reason why l have accelarated my coins is to see them natural the way it looks like and since l can't afford to buy any special objects just to see the characteristics of each coins l choose to to discovered if how can be done by my own method which is lm really happy and very proud of my self for the outcome. And l don't want to use anything just to provide a beautiful and vibrant color of each coins. 
And the reason why l ask the value its bec. Want to see how  do you guys appreciate my own creativity and that might have help me, But thanks anyway..

I like this guy’s style.