• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying a Possible 1982 Cent Error?
1 1

39 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

Why would time and energy be spent to, at best, create a system for educated guesses on causes of environmental damage? It’s damaged. It’s not like acid damage will be seen as better than corrosion damage. Other than you fulfilling your need to over orate is there really a point to this at all?

Unless you've had a coin thrown back at you, or returned to you in a body bag, you wouldn't understand.  

We know the Titanic sank, we know the Challenger blew up and we know the Tacoma-Narrows bridge fell, and the Hindenburg burned and crashed.

Someone on the Forum has a pretty good idea what caused the "damage" on the OP's coin. I would like to know too. If your vehicle broke down, I am sure you would prefer to be told why then, Go get a new one.

26 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

Oh no I didn’t mean you. You’re grading comments are just for laughs. 

lol..You laugh now mister, just you wait and see! The TPGs grade the best of the best, but we need a TPG that will grade the worst of the worst!🤣😂

1 hour ago, Modwriter said:

lol..You laugh now mister, just you wait and see! The TPGs grade the best of the best, but we need a TPG that will grade the worst of the worst!🤣😂

I can see the modwriter’s lowball registry now 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:24 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I can say that the members of this forum are very informed and always try to give you there honest opinion. And yes damaged coins do get past the gatekeeper after a long week on a Friday afternoon after a liquid lunch or we would never have error coins to collect .I see many coins with odd looking surfaces. Like this wooden Penny. People do all kinds of stuff to coins your 82 coin looks like it was glass bead or sand blasted.   Can I ask how much does it weight ??

S20210328_0001.jpg

S20210328_0002.jpg

It weighs 2.52 grams.

26 minutes ago, MdArndt said:

It weighs 2.52 grams.

Thanks for checking so there is no metal missing unless it is all copper we would think it is a copper/zinc coin 1982 had both types .I have heard that corrosion can also build up under the surface of the coin and change it's looks also. So we add more possibility's to the list LoL  

I understand you . the story is really very interesting. but every student may face learning difficulties. Even in those situations. when the subject is really interesting. In such situations, various services come to the rescue with the help of which you can buy a college essay  and not worry about complicated homework. Which is sometimes difficult to deal with without professional help.

Edited by Megan90

1 hour ago, Robin22 said:

It is very difficult . I'm just starting to put together my collection. it is always difficult to learn something new. I was inspired by my love of history. this is exactly the science that is really interesting to me, and even writing works on this topic gives me pleasure.

That's the main thing that ties me to numismatics, that and understanding the world. My degree is history, specifically ancient, and I'm somewhat multilingual, so this naturally led me to ancient/world numismatics. To hold in my hand a coin of Caracalla, or Byzantium, or Connecticut, or Vichy...it's the only way my library can also include a museum.

2 hours ago, JKK said:

That's the main thing that ties me to numismatics, that and understanding the world. My degree is history, specifically ancient, and I'm somewhat multilingual, so this naturally led me to ancient/world numismatics. To hold in my hand a coin of Caracalla, or Byzantium, or Connecticut, or Vichy...it's the only way my library can also include a museum.

Thanks for sharing this JKK. Really cool reading. Do you submit your coins for grading? I have asked for a world coin sub form because I may submit 2 coins soon. An Aussie dollar and a Japanese yen that have some value.

17 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Thanks for sharing this JKK. Really cool reading. Do you submit your coins for grading? I have asked for a world coin sub form because I may submit 2 coins soon. An Aussie dollar and a Japanese yen that have some value.

No, never. Not unless I'm going to auction them, in which case I let the auction house handle it. I don't want to go into my reasons in depth out of respect for our hosts, but suffice to say that past overall industry practices have left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I think it unlikely I ever will.