• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

?980 penny seeing clearly lol
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard the term , hi I'm so and so and my favorite color is clear. Well clearly I see a 2 over 1 on this coin. Just found a new variety and hit the jackpot on this one. I'm pretty sure y'all see it to. C'mon let's get real. If you all believe that and get truthful answers to were you get your hopes up, then try doing more research and find out that what you were told was the truth. Like I said before nobody's going to stirr you the wrong way. But look at me I'm a newbie too and my desk is full of books, two phone's and a couple of other things to somewhat know knowledge on other aspects of ways. Idk I thought I would get in on the action. I'm just being funny, if you really want to know me, well look at my profile picture, that right there will tell you I'm not playing with a full cent. Lol

20210220_194243.jpg

20210220_194129.jpg

16 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

That is a really old coin! MInted in 980, A.D. An ultra rarity! 

;)

Right!! Wait, was that before or after they discovered fire. Ahahahah 

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

That is a really old coin! MInted in 980, A.D. An ultra rarity! 

;)

Explains the Roman architecture on the reverse. Can't tell whether the columns are Ionic or Corinthian, but both were popular at different times.

7 hours ago, JKK said:

Explains the Roman architecture on the reverse. Can't tell whether the columns are Ionic or Corinthian, but both were popular at different times.

The only way to figure out whether it's Ionic or Corinthians is by Caesar or his brother sitting in the middle. Wondering what variety I have. Maybe I'll clean it with a wire brush so we can tell better. I'll get back to you all later on results. Ahahahah, that's funny. 

The columns are not Corinthian, but in the more commonly seen "Corroded Style."

Also, "980" is not the date. It is the weight measured in crocus pollen.

Edited by RWB

40 minutes ago, RWB said:

The columns are not Corinthian, but in the more commonly seen "Corroded Style."

Also, "980" is not the date. It is the weight measured in crocus pollen.

The corroded style your seeing is built up and decayed satin finish particles. It was once a reverse satin finish. 🙄 the weight I'm not sure but I'll work on that and let you know. Lolhm

36 minutes ago, Hinkle said:

The corroded style your seeing is built up and decayed satin finish particles. It was once a reverse satin finish. 🙄 the weight I'm not sure but I'll work on that and let you know. Lolhm

Might tone up nice if you baked it in a sweet potato. Don't use Idaho potatoes, as they have to pass by too many pawn and title loan places and it causes them to pick up ingredients that inflict ugly-*spoon* toning.

1 hour ago, JKK said:

Might tone up nice if you baked it in a sweet potato. Don't use Idaho potatoes, as they have to pass by too many pawn and title loan places and it causes them to pick up ingredients that inflict ugly-*spoon* toning.

Yeah, but I got to put a really good toning on it and let pass by quite a few pawn and title companies ,to see what I get in percentages between pretty and ugly. So that way when it's on it's way to be graded hopefully crossing my fingers I would get that little sticker on the capsule for good eye appeal. :idea:lol

51 minutes ago, Hinkle said:

Yeah, but I got to put a really good toning on it and let pass by quite a few pawn and title companies ,to see what I get in percentages between pretty and ugly. So that way when it's on it's way to be graded hopefully crossing my fingers I would get that little sticker on the capsule for good eye appeal.

Well, get one of those little butane torches chefs use to caramelize sugar atop crème brulee. Light it and aim at the coin until the surface starts to curdle, then dip in liquid nitrogen to cool.

16 minutes ago, RWB said:

Well, get one of those little butane torches chefs use to caramelize sugar atop crème brulee. Light it and aim at the coin until the surface starts to curdle, then dip in liquid nitrogen to cool.

If I torch it ,I'll just go ahead and melt it. I just made a couple cents richer in my checkbook. They got the caramelized sugar atop the brulee without the cream. Lol