• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 W Proof ASE Sold Out
1 1

24 posts in this topic

I just bought the 2021 W Proof Eagle with the type 1 reverse. I wanted to have it as I like the original Heraldic Eagle reverse better that the new type 2 reverse coming out later this year. I bought it just after 12 PM EST and it's already sold out. That was fast. It was $73.00, but I wanted the last edition of that coin. The US Mint is a blessing and a curse to the coin hobby. Far too many coins coming out in the commemorative coin program and prices have been raised way too high.

2 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

A product limit of 327,000+ and it sold out in a couple of hours! Wonder how many ended up in speculators hands, 80%? So glad I don't collect the ASE proofs.

I gave up on the proof ASE’s quite a few years ago. I actually prefer the burnished “W”s.

1 hour ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

I wonder if this is an internet thing.

I think so. Easy to buy, easy to sell (in the beginning) and a whole lot of fish in the sea.

29 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

I gave up on the proof ASE’s quite a few years ago. I actually prefer the burnished “W”s.

That's all I have left now, graded.

3 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

A product limit of 327,000+ and it sold out in a couple of hours! Wonder how many ended up in speculators hands, 80%? So glad I don't collect the ASE proofs.

Well I got one at 12:05 pm. I saw the limit and knew it would go extremely fast. If you were also lucky enough to pay $73, you are probably lucky in the long run. Note that NGC has changed its guidelines with regard to getting the 2021 W proofs graded mentioned in another topic. I am just restarting my collection and consider myself a newbie and and average Joe

actually they sold out in less than 8 minutes, I attempted to get a couple and was all set up and ready to go w/CC on file...what messed me up is I inputted the wrong CC 3 digit and by the time I got my wallet out to look it up and type it in the site was jacked up...by then the system was clogged up and BOOM...All gone.
Then I ate my lunch, slightly frustrated LOL

Edited by EdG_Ohio

4 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

I got one at 12:05pm. I am elated. One site on Facebook stated the coin sold out in five minutes. Might be the best 5 minutes I ever spent, not to mention $79 with tax and shipping.

1 hour ago, Lem E said:

If you think these sold out fast, wait until the new Morgans and Peace dollars come out.

As well they should. Who doesn't love those old classics?

6 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

I think so. Easy to buy, easy to sell (in the beginning) and a whole lot of fish in the sea.

That's all I have left now, graded.

I don’t get any ASE’s graded, ... EVER.

Big ice storm hit and knocked all our internet and electric out. I finally made it into town to try and order one but didn't look good. Man that tears me up. Our tower went down 20 minutes before they went on sale.  

14 hours ago, VKurtB said:

I don’t get any ASE’s graded, ... EVER.

[Nor have I or would I.  Somewhere buried deep within the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition: DSM-5 is the formal name for those afflicted with the malady of "grading" bullion silver so that one, an MS-70 -- otherwise indistinguishable from its fraternal twin, the MS-69, in terms of date, weight and purity, is nevertheless worth twice as much. Grading bar silver cannot be too far behind.]

Some of these might have been bought with subscriptions too, I know I received an e-mail confirming my order at 5:18 yesterday morning!  Glad I didn't have to stress about waiting until noon though.

4 minutes ago, jtryka said:

Some of these might have been bought with subscriptions too, I know I received an e-mail confirming my order at 5:18 yesterday morning!  Glad I didn't have to stress about waiting until noon though.

Got mine through enrollment as well. Easiest way to do it IMO. Got my new PDS rolls of Tuskegee quarters yesterday in the mail. Also through enrollment. The PDS rolls are already sold out too.

8 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

How many could you have ordered through the enrollment, 99?

I presume so since that was the household limit right?  I know they sent an e-mail last week saying something about not allowing changes 2 days before release and making sure your credit card and shipping info was correct.