• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on Great Collections
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone sold coins on the site Great Collections?   I'm curious to know if sellers typically do ok on it and if there's greater exposure to more serious buyers than on eBay.  

Sellers do fine, in my opinion.  You won't get much more for common coins, but rare coins do as well as Heritage considering there is only 10%-12.5% buyers fee compared to %20.  It seems that there is a preference for PCGS/CAC coins on Great Collections, too.

That's good to know.  I'm debating over selling an 1805 Draped Bust Half Cent and a 1917 Type-1 Standing Liberty Quarter.  I've never sold on eBay before but tired of the scam inquiries on Craigslist and Offer Up.

eBay charges fees too, and you have to do all the work. GC is easy but it will take about 2 months to get paid. 
I’ve seen most SLQ do quite well there in higher grades. I’d expect you’ll get reasonable prices for both

1 hour ago, MN1 said:

That's good to know.  I'm debating over selling an 1805 Draped Bust Half Cent and a 1917 Type-1 Standing Liberty Quarter.  I've never sold on eBay before but tired of the scam inquiries on Craigslist and Offer Up.

Ian Russel is great and will do you well (Great Collections)!!  That is where you want to put your money. (thumbsu

I have both bought and sold through GC, Ian is very easy to work with and everything went super smooth for me.  I have not bought much in recent years as his traffic has increased so have the prices that bidders are paying, to the point that I get blown out on most everything, great for sellers not so much so for buyers.  And just a thought if you have a price you would like to get then putting them on the buy-sell- forum here first may be an option.  Certainly not the number of eyes that you will get from GC or ebay but if you sell one there are no fees either, won't hurt to try for a few days before you attempt to action them off.

I was looking for the Buy-Sell Forum here.  I thought I once came across but couldn't seem to find it or a link earlier today.  Was going to look it over to consider that as well.

1 hour ago, MN1 said:

I was looking for the Buy-Sell Forum here.  I thought I once came across but couldn't seem to find it or a link earlier today.  Was going to look it over to consider that as well.

Same section of the forum where you replied to a question on silver eagles a few hours ago.

8 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

I have not bought much in recent years as his traffic has increased so have the prices that bidders are paying, to the point that I get blown out on most everything, great for sellers not so much so for buyers. 

This exactly I noticed...so true...