• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 S SBA Dollar Coin

12 posts in this topic

I don't see any.

A DDO is a doubled die, specifically of the obverse. When you say "If so would it be Double die, Die break, or simply DDO" it suggests that you might not realize this.

38 minutes ago, JKK said:

I don't see any.

A DDO is a doubled die, specifically of the obverse. When you say "If so would it be Double die, Die break, or simply DDO" it suggests that you might not realize this.

Hypothetically speaking if there was one i wouldn’t know what to put it as, speaking specifically towards that area. It makes sense though considering i put double die as an option. 

8 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Hypothetically speaking if there was one i wouldn’t know what to put it as, speaking specifically towards that area. It makes sense though considering i put double die as an option. 

You only presented the obverse (pardon me a wearisome sigh of resigned frustration at that). If you were asserting a doubled die, it would make sense for you to present the side where you felt you saw the doubling (the obverse). Thus, DDO (stands for 'doubled die, obverse').

What I was trying to tell you, as tactfully as possible and with apologies for having done so too tactfully to get the point across, is that you were repeating yourself in a baffling way. It was baffling because it's like saying "eggs, toast, and chicken eggs." Easier to understand now? "Motorcycles, scooters, and Harleys." "Whisky, rum, and Dalwhinnie." "Cigars, cigarillos, and Macanudos." Chicken eggs are eggs. Harleys are motorcycles. Dalwhinnie is a whisky. Macanudos are cigars.

2 minutes ago, JKK said:

You only presented the obverse (pardon me a wearisome sigh of resigned frustration at that). If you were asserting a doubled die, it would make sense for you to present the side where you felt you saw the doubling (the obverse). Thus, DDO (stands for 'doubled die, obverse').

What I was trying to tell you, as tactfully as possible and with apologies for having done so too tactfully to get the point across, is that you were repeating yourself in a baffling way. It was baffling because it's like saying "eggs, toast, and chicken eggs." Easier to understand now? "Motorcycles, scooters, and Harleys." "Whisky, rum, and Dalwhinnie." "Cigars, cigarillos, and Macanudos." Chicken eggs are eggs. Harleys are motorcycles. Dalwhinnie is a whisky. Macanudos are cigars.

I thought i asserted that when i wrote that yes your post makes sense since i did put double die as an option along with DDO. Yes thank you so much for your feedback you’ve been so much help 👏🏻👏🏻 World class teacher. Run along now im sure there is more post to show your arrogance or should i say chutzpah. 

2 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

I thought i asserted that when i wrote that yes your post makes sense since i did put double die as an option along with DDO. Yes thank you so much for your feedback you’ve been so much help 👏🏻👏🏻 World class teacher. Run along now im sure there is more post to show your arrogance or should i say chutzpah. 

I don't run along just because someone orders me to. I do avoid people who get mad when someone, instead of just telling them they sound _mentally_lacking, explains courteously without using unkind words. The mark of someone unworthy of education is the person who doesn't have the basic comprehension to thank someone who tried to alleviate that person's self-humiliation rather than highlight it. Everyone who reads your response will now know what to expect from helping you.

1 minute ago, JKK said:

I don't run along just because someone orders me to. I do avoid people who get mad when someone, instead of just telling them they sound _mentally_lacking, explains courteously without using unkind words. The mark of someone unworthy of education is the person who doesn't have the basic comprehension to thank someone who tried to alleviate that person's self-humiliation rather than highlight it. Everyone who reads your response will now know what to expect from helping you.

Anyone who reads this will only see you are the only one mad here. Good day sir 👋🏻