• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The forum merger is a death knell - Just IMO

17 posts in this topic

As someone who collects all 3 US, World and Ancients, the combination of the 3 topics makes me lose all interest in posting here. I prefer 3 under utilized but seperate topic sub forums than 1 half dead mixed up mess of a forum. Might as well throw everything else in here too. I think most forums have to many subs, but to take the main 3 and make them into 1 is not going to pick up the overall traffic IMO

I recall Dena mentioning that the forum is a commercial product and that there were limited options for customization. There might have been reasons for combining several topics under one broad title, although mumu's objections are certainly valid.

While I do agree that it would be better to have the three subjects in sperate sub forums I would also say that I don't find the current situation overly difficult or problematic for myself.

2 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

While I do agree that it would be better to have the three subjects in sperate sub forums I would also say that I don't find the current situation overly difficult or problematic for myself.

Neither do I, but only time and the forums' bottom line will dictate whether this tweak will have to be re-tweaked.

I don't know. People have been tolling the death knell for this forum for years, and it is still here.

Nice to see you back on here, mumu. You may as well stick around. It isn't quite as slow here as it once was. And, we could always use some more colorful Peace dollar pics :)

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I don't know. People have been tolling the death knell for this forum for years, and it is still here.

Nice to see you back on here, mumu. You may as well stick around. It isn't quite as slow here as it once was. And, we could always use some more colorful Peace dollar pics :)

And the unpublicized, surreptitious installation of anti-trolling hardware is working magnificently.

10 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I enjoyed this forum more than ATS when the forums were split. I know the traffic was dead but at least the topics were separate. I do like World topics but I like to "go to" the world topic rather than comb thu it personally. But if this is working to pick up the pace then so be it.

I have not comb across any really nice toned peace dollars worth posting. I reached for a few that dont quite match what im looking for. And it seems the really nice ones end up on Legend and sell for $5000(they arent even that nice). Made me consider selling my set but I'd probably get a fraction of what some plain toners seem to go for, just my luck and then I'd regret it forever. So the collection still sits tight for now looking for the occasional candidate. Ive shifted to world coins more than anything recently and enjoying that.

31 minutes ago, mumu said:

I know the traffic was dead

Not dead mumu; we just went 'quiet' for a while.  Read but not posting but still loyal.

Welcome back and we're glad to have you.  You're a  ^^

[All the mergers in the world are not going to resuscitate a Forum without the gruff, reassuring voice of VKurtB.  Me thinks the move south has tamed him. Either that or the emergence of a deadly strain of the virus emanating of late from the UK has exasperated him and put a crimp in his retirement travel plans.  You are sorely missed wherever you are, dear friend!]

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[All the mergers in the world are not going to resuscitate a Forum without the gruff, reassuring voice of VKurtB.  Me thinks the move south has tamed him. Either that or the emergence of a deadly strain of the virus emanating of late from the UK has exasperated him and put a crimp in his retirement travel plans.  You are sorely missed wherever you are, dear friend!]

it's in the 60's in Birmingham.. Thats mid summer temp for him

15 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

it's in the 60's in Birmingham.. Thats mid summer temp for him

[Respectfully, you're going to have to hold the Forum down in his absence, you know that, right?]

19 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[Respectfully, you're going to have to hold the Forum down in his absence, you know that, right?]

B|I'm an OG.... he was watching for me...

Edited by MAULEMALL

No death knell here.  We are one big group of happy campers. Including me!  My notifications have been disabled. I cannot follow anyone. Anything I write is subject to review, delayed, deleted or disinfected.  Perfect for someone like me who doesn't take things personally. If I had known ahead of time that my one and only post would be placed on the internet for all the world to see -- perfectly legal and within NGC's rights -- I might have demurred, but the cat is out of the bag and I have to deal with it. I still can't get over the fact that my photo, posted on the PCGS Set Registry, magically appeared here now and for all eternity.

Forgot to mention one other thing that kills me with these forums - their speed. They are so slow to respond. I watch 4K HD movies without any buffering, but try loading a thread here and it takes several seconds to respond. 

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

No death knell here.  We are one big group of happy campers. Including me!  My notifications have been disabled. I cannot follow anyone. Anything I write is subject to review, delayed, deleted or disinfected.  Perfect for someone like me who doesn't take things personally. If I had known ahead of time that my one and only post would be placed on the internet for all the world to see -- perfectly legal and within NGC's rights -- I might have demurred, but the cat is out of the bag and I have to deal with it. I still can't get over the fact that my photo, posted on the PCGS Set Registry, magically appeared here now and for all eternity.

You drinkin again Quintus?:baiting: