• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 Eisenhower Dollar

9 posts in this topic

First post so bear with me  . On the reverse there was indentation  opinions were struck through  yet when I reached out to some people  they said pocket change .Should I get certified  or just keep . Thanks for your help  

1607454378994_1607449573603_1607449572617_0_16074495400352841063458072970226.jpg

16074494875503089953270998350154.jpg

Getting a coin certified, or slabbed as we say, is an individual taste.  Some people do it to increase the coin value, others do it to protect the coin or to make it easier to catalogue.  Others do not like to slab their coins.  

You coin is very interesting and hopefully the error people will come along and give you an accurate reading.  Good luck.

Edited by Alex in PA.

Looks like a struck through to me. even by increasing the size 200%, there is no sign of any metal displacement that would occur if was damage.

Certainly not worth the expense of getting it certified though. the cost would be more than the value of the coin but still worth keeping.

These are great pictures. I would agree that there seems to be a strike through. I am far from an error expert but it also looks to me as though there is also inadequate die fill just an opinion. The value as an error combined with the coin value still ( for me ) would not justify slabbing. It is certainly worth keeping. The clad layer appears to be thin ? Very interesting coin. Thanks for sharing. 

Nice looking coin.  I bought a couple Ike's off EBay once.  A fella on there, a Coin Doctor. could make some really psychedelic coins.  The colors were beautiful.  Wound up giving them to a 10 year old YN who just loved them.  Go figure.  :whistle: