• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 sms nickel under a microscope

32 posts in this topic

nice die crack on that one. I doubt that it is a so called special mint set. It looks a bit like a proof to my eye.

That is a proof and you know very well that it is

Edited by Moxie15

Mr. Feld, I presume all 1964 coinage has excessive die polishing marks, similar die states, similar color, fat polished rims, and a rarity to share with the world for years to come. 

I haven’t checked on your greatest rarity but I can see your attitude about don’t and won’t breeds only negativity. I will submit this coin, and do good anyway. Be happy anyway friend.

"1964 nickel in original packaging"

Of course the 1964 SMS coins were not IN any official mint packaging.  So that right there tells you it isn't a SMS coin.

Edited by Conder101

2 hours ago, Conder101 said:

"1964 nickel in original packaging"

Of course the 1964 SMS coins were not IN any official mint packaging.  So that right there tells you it isn't a SMS coin.

No offense meant condor just circulating knowledge 

0436068F-A31A-42D3-9C15-1EEEEB5F6D79.png

6 hours ago, Ratzie33 said:

No offense meant condor just circulating knowledge 

0436068F-A31A-42D3-9C15-1EEEEB5F6D79.png

Do not rely on retail sites for numismatic information.  This information is completely wrong.  Notice you can also buy 1964 special mint sets here for $89.  Sound a little suspicious?

3 hours ago, l.cutler said:

Do not rely on retail sites for numismatic information.  This information is completely wrong.  Notice you can also buy 1964 special mint sets here for $89.  Sound a little suspicious?

Whether unintentionally or otherwise, that seller used the term “Special Mint Sets” incorrectly. Of course, if you know who believes the sets to be accurately described, he should buy all of them at $89/set and make an easy and large fortune. I believe he knows better, however.

4 hours ago, e1cnr said:

OMG, I was looking and I have one as well but it is the ENTIRE set .... how much is it worth Ratzie33?

DSCF6069_1_.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&f
DSCF6068_1_.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&f

Sorry, Ratzie has found so many that it is now the non SMS coins that are rare!

Edited by l.cutler