• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to buy 1956 NGC PR67 Star Cameo Type 1 + 5C

14 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Do any of you have any 1956 NGC PR67 Star Cameo coins in your collection? If you have the Type 1 50C and 5C Nickel then I'd like to make you an offer. PM me with details.

Edited by cmg777

That's REALLY specific and really a high grade.  Then you're asking for a star too?    There's only 134 of the halves that meet that criteria in existence currently.    There's a total of 6 nickels that meet your criteria.  You could have every dealer in the country canvasing for either of these and never find one.    It was worth a shot, just don't want you to be disappointed that the relatively small number of collectors on this forum weren't coming through.  ;)   Now it would be funny to see somebody here that actually owned one but passed on this because they weren't willing to sell it.  

On 8/30/2021 at 8:18 PM, Vess1 said:

That's REALLY specific and really a high grade.  Then you're asking for a star too?    There's only 134 of the halves that meet that criteria in existence currently.    There's a total of 6 nickels that meet your criteria.  You could have every dealer in the country canvasing for either of these and never find one.    It was worth a shot, just don't want you to be disappointed that the relatively small number of collectors on this forum weren't coming through.  ;)   Now it would be funny to see somebody here that actually owned one but passed on this because they weren't willing to sell it.  

You never know. I’ve got the type two that would meet his request and I would sell it. But no help on the type 1 😁

591E5CDA-AE4F-4664-9AD0-BBCCD218237E.jpeg

21DAEDA6-E1BB-432D-8A11-D193DEC39D1A.jpeg

On 8/30/2021 at 9:18 PM, Vess1 said:

Its funny, I just now saw this trying to do my searching and its been 3 years now lol time flies. Its really not that high of a grade of PR67. High grades would be 68 or 69 or in Ultra Cameo finishes. I don't expect to find the Type 1 half as the closest I could ever find is Cameo without the star or a grade higher like the other poster :) . I did sort of find the 5C but it was in an older holder and I didn't snap on it at the time. Its funny I found the 1956 PR67 Star Cameo quarter which is pretty common and the somewhat lesser common PR67 Star Cameo half dollar fairly quickly which is what got me started on this quest. I did actually settle once on the dime being a PR67 Star for a moment then I found the PR67 Star Cameo dime a year after I purchased it. The penny was pretty hard for me to find in this grade and I did probably over pay for it when I found it from a high end retailer coin dealer online. Its been a journey but I think I can find the Nickel its just no one gets their Nickels graded because most silver coins have more value and appeal to most people rather than complete sets like this (or technically complete minus the Type 1). 

On 8/31/2021 at 12:12 AM, Woods020 said:

You never know. I’ve got the type two that would meet his request and I would sell it. But no help on the type 1 😁

591E5CDA-AE4F-4664-9AD0-BBCCD218237E.jpeg

21DAEDA6-E1BB-432D-8A11-D193DEC39D1A.jpeg

As you can tell the one time I don't check in here and I get two posts lol from people trying to help me now its been 3 years... No thanks willing to bet you sold this already its a nice half :) though.

It is possible those that are in possession of the coins with the grade and star your are looking for are just not going to sell them. That would leave you to try to find your own raw and submit it yourself.

If it is any indication, the coins residing in my collection will stay until I am dead and I don't plan on that for a long time. Some of those have already been part of my collection for over 40 years. I don't have any star coins and if I did, I would not be willing to sell them. Only sharing that with you as depending on the age of the collector that has one of what you are looking for, if they look at coins as keepers they could retain such coins for possibly 60 years or more.

I wish you all the best in your search! I have a Type 2 PF 67 50 C but it is neither Cameo nor star.

On 8/7/2024 at 1:50 AM, powermad5000 said:

It is possible those that are in possession of the coins with the grade and star your are looking for are just not going to sell them. That would leave you to try to find your own raw and submit it yourself.

If it is any indication, the coins residing in my collection will stay until I am dead and I don't plan on that for a long time. Some of those have already been part of my collection for over 40 years. I don't have any star coins and if I did, I would not be willing to sell them. Only sharing that with you as depending on the age of the collector that has one of what you are looking for, if they look at coins as keepers they could retain such coins for possibly 60 years or more.

I wish you all the best in your search! I have a Type 2 PF 67 50 C but it is neither Cameo nor star.

You have a good point I think I have a 1956 proof nickel but it might not make the grade. There always is that possibility that a collector would sell them as they need the money or the family of the collector should they pass away will end up selling the coins. Whether I find coins to meet the grade or try to look for them its all the same to me just a game of chance and persistence. I was able to change out my dime which was just a PR67 * grade to a PR67 * Cameo with persistence. I bought the penny with persistence. I think I can find the nickel given enough time I'll probably be practically dead when I clutch it though lol. I doubt I'll ever find a Type 1 PR67 Star Cameo.

On 8/9/2024 at 4:10 PM, cmg777 said:

I doubt I'll ever find a Type 1 PR67 Star Cameo.

As this thread was going before the show, I was on the lookout for a Type 1 PF 67 Star Cameo Franklin. I am not finished with my set of Franklin halves so it was no extra burden on me to look for it as I was already scanning every table for suitable Franklins. I only found one for my set. I came across a Type 2 PR 67 Star Cameo, but knew you needed the Type 1. I would have purchased this coin and somehow gotten it to you, but I had no such luck. I also didn't come across an 1874 CC Trade Dollar either which I found to be a little strange, so I ended up making a deal on an 1875 CC Trade Dollar.

On 8/9/2024 at 5:55 PM, powermad5000 said:

As this thread was going before the show, I was on the lookout for a Type 1 PF 67 Star Cameo Franklin. I am not finished with my set of Franklin halves so it was no extra burden on me to look for it as I was already scanning every table for suitable Franklins. I only found one for my set. I came across a Type 2 PR 67 Star Cameo, but knew you needed the Type 1. I would have purchased this coin and somehow gotten it to you, but I had no such luck. I also didn't come across an 1874 CC Trade Dollar either which I found to be a little strange, so I ended up making a deal on an 1875 CC Trade Dollar.

nice you collect trade dollars? Are you trying to get all the mint marks? I have one an 1876 S trade dollar. I mostly like Morgan dollars myself or Peace dollars I'm sort of a stacker but a collector of type coins so I have one of everything. I have a Seated Dollar 1843 (Philadelphia) in EF40 in an old PCI holder. 

On 8/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, cmg777 said:

nice you collect trade dollars? Are you trying to get all the mint marks?

I collect a little bit of everything including moderns. I have about half of all the Morgans with a peppering of some VAM's, Peace, Trade, Ike, SBA, some of all the dimes from Seated Liberty to Roosys, cents from early cents to modern Lincolns, nickels from every series, quarters from Barber to present, halfs from Seated Liberty to present, half cents, three cent nickels and silvers, 2 cent pieces, a little of everything. The bulk of my collection is Morgans. The Trades are expensive since I am trying to collect them all in uncirculated condition (many in my collection have some kind of issue and are details graded but typically any uncirculated Trade dollar starts to get pricey even in details grades. The CC's even moreso. I may never complete my Trade set but I will end up having a selection of ones with nice details.

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2024 at 6:19 PM, powermad5000 said:

I collect a little bit of everything including moderns. I have about half of all the Morgans with a peppering of some VAM's, Peace, Trade, Ike, SBA, some of all the dimes from Seated Liberty to Roosys, cents from early cents to modern Lincolns, nickels from every series, quarters from Barber to present, halfs from Seated Liberty to present, half cents, three cent nickels and silvers, 2 cent pieces, a little of everything. The bulk of my collection is Morgans. The Trades are expensive since I am trying to collect them all in uncirculated condition (many in my collection have some kind of issue and are details graded but typically any uncirculated Trade dollar starts to get pricey even in details grades. The CC's even moreso. I may never complete my Trade set but I will end up having a selection of ones with nice details.

I have the same a bit of everything just to say I got it and to look at it instead of just on a computer :D. I mostly have Morgans but other junk silver at least a whole roll of every common date one like Barbers (all of them dimes, quarters, halves), Roosevelts, Mercs, Standing Liberty, Walkers, Franklins, Kennedys (40% and 90%) and of multiple rolls of war nickels plus other loose silver coins of the same years after that I tried to get one of each type of older coins like bust and seated liberty. I'll probably sell the rolls of coins if I ever need money. Anything stamped with a CC is money bottom line. I have an uncirculated 1884 GSA with all the paper work and the box plus an 1891 CC Spitting Eagle VAM 3 uncirculated I got recently would like to get them graded along with the new modern Morgan and Peace Dollars I got which I'm trying to get the whole collection before the mint decides to stop minting them. I wonder if they will stop in 10 years?

Edited by cmg777