• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 d and 1973 d Skeletors Haha
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I don't know what's going on with these guys. But you ever watch HE-MAN. Cool cartoon. They look like skeletons. If you look at the reverse on the 72 you can see the same problem. Was this man made or was this a strong polishing die. Ethier way there damaged. But thought I would share. 

20200121_222711.jpg

20200121_223233.jpg

2 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Has to be PMD. Die Polishing would affect the low part of the coin first, not the high part.

Thanks, greenstang. That's what I figured. It's hard to look at Lincoln anymore. Not the same lol.

27 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Wow those are monster wheel marks  :roflmao:

RIGHT!!, I should have put enter at your own risk on the topic. lol

That almost looks like someone was starting to hobo nickel that thing, selectively etching the face out to create a skull. It's a shame they gave up on it, would have been better had it been completed. I'd keep it!

Are you sure it's not a foreign substance? My first thought was somebody glued or welded them to a floor or Cadillac. Two of them looking so similar kind of gives me the creeps.

These coin would have been great to post around Halloween time. Should had saved them until then.lol o well. But yeah I'm keeping them just for the fun of it. They really look  creepy. People are probably thinking what a spooky thread. Lol

On 10/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, Hinkle said:

Thought I would bring this thread back to show off my Creepy Lincoln's. Happy Halloween everyone. :devil::ohnoez::whatthe:

Happy Halloween my friend. Those are some spooky Lincolns. Lumii_20221030_123303015.thumb.jpg.14b21c16925cab6512a808aed285790f.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515