• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where would you

10 posts in this topic

sell your coins IF you thought you ever had anything of value? Would you have it graded first? I am just curious, I see things on ebay that I thought may have been valuable and then go look on there and coins are selling for pennies......

I don't understand how in the world would you know if you ever had anything worth anything with ebay content saying otherwise...

Don't get it!!! The Couch Collectibles etc says this sold for $10,000 and then almost same coin for $20 dollars on ebay LOL just don't know anymore

Thanks I know you guys know what you're talking about though so any comments???

Edited by Smiley0429

Value coins sell better and higher if they are graded by a reliable grading company. Since you are probably new at this sorta thing you should send in the minimum allowed coins for grading and learn from your mistakes in grading. You might ask a coin dealer near you to help pick a few to get graded.

Good Luck!! ;)

I fill and thank the same..Mankes you wonder,,but as I wonder it just gets more and more with these coins...its like WERES WALDO...lol...I'll hold my coins till I can afford to show myself I C an KNOW WHAT I KNOW.........or not

thanks

The coin below best yet ,the detail of the face

1575254778402.jpg

1 hour ago, GilbertRowland said:

I fill and thank the same..Mankes you wonder,,but as I wonder it just gets more and more with these coins...its like WERES WALDO...lol...I'll hold my coins till I can afford to show myself I C an KNOW WHAT I KNOW.........or not

thanks

The coin below best yet ,the detail of the face

1575254778402.jpg

?

14 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Do you have a link to an example that has the huge price discrepancy that you described in your post?

No but I thought a 1969s dd penny was something worth looking for but when I looked on eBay, well not so much!! I guess I will stick to looking for the 1982 penny and such 

Probably because the 1969-S DDO and other cheap "errors" you're seeing on ebay are not actually DDOs or errors, just imagination. A real one is very obvious, very expensive, and would be certified to get those prices.

Edit: For example, this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-S-LINCOLN-CENT-DDO-UNC-RD-ERROR-HK02/152928794044?hash=item239b4435bc:g:LS0AAOSwS45amVfH

It isn't anything, just a tiny bit of machine doubling, i.e. worthless. Look up some real ones in Heritage auction archives and learn to see the difference. It's clear.

Edited by kbbpll

well I thought FOR SURE that these people would know if it was real or not...… as for me I would DEFINITELY have to ask people before I would know bc I have thought several times I had found something to only turn out... NOT!! lol ok well @kbbpll that makes more sense and NOW I'm not so discouraged I am new at this business... THANKS GUYS FOR ALWAYS HELPING ME!!!!!

One, if I am not mistaken Couch Collectibles is a guy making and posting videos on youtube.  General rule 95+% of the coin videos posted on youtube are junk, often filled with incorrect or misleading "information".

Two, the major 1969 S DDO is a VERY valuable coin.  The reason you may see them selling very cheap on ebay is because they are NOT the 1969 S DDO.  This is true of a LOT of the rare errors being sold on ebay.  Most of them are being sold by someone who knows little or nothing about coins but is SURE they have lucked into a super rarity.  Let's put it this way, I am on three different coin forums and have been for almost 20 years.  In that time I would say that there are at least 10 claims per week from someone sure they have a 69 S DDO.  In all that time one, count him, ONE person has actually had one.  That is one out of 10,000 claims.

Edited by Conder101

17 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

One, if I am not mistaken Couch Collectibles is a guy making and posting videos on youtube.  General rule 95+% of the coin videos posted on youtube are junk, often filled with incorrect or misleading "information".

Two, the major 1969 S DDO is a VERY valuable coin.  The reason you may see them selling very cheap on ebay is because they are NOT the 1969 S DDO.  This is true of a LOT of the rare errors being sold on ebay.  Most of them are being sold by someone who knows little or nothing about coins but is SURE they have lucked into a super rarity.  Let's put it this way, I am on three different coin forums and have been for almost 20 years.  In that time I would say that there are at least 10 claims per week from someone sure they have a 69 S DDO.  In all that time one, count him, ONE person has actually had one.  That is one out of 10,000 claims.

Well I have learned something I AM SO GLAD I posted this, I guess I just assumed that all people know about coins that they have on ebay, BUT it all makes sense that they may be new like me, but one thing I will do is contact someone on here before I EVER send something in to be graded so that I don't look like A FOOL doing so LOL Thanks as always for ALL YOUR REPLIES and helping me understand what is REALLY going on!!! THANKS