• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$10 Confederate note

12 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Fake, Super Fake, original, original un issued, un issued reprint, counterfeit, counterfeit reprint, state sponsored counterfeit.....I'm just joking.....peace

Lol.  I'm just curious I'm new to all of this

5 hours ago, Rocco224 said:

Lol.  I'm just curious I'm new to all of this

In all seriousness...fake, super fake, remainder, un issued remainder...

I'm not anywhere near an expert on confederate currency...very indepth areas...honestly, read, read read...Whitman published some great books on this stuff...the only thing off is probably the values...much higher these days...

I am not familiar with old paper money but after looking at some of those bills on ebay and comparing them to yours, yours appears to be too perfect. I am not saying its 100% fake, but It def could be. If its not a fake, you have yourself a nice piece probably get the 75 bucks youre asking. How does the paper feel?

1 minute ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

In all seriousness...fake, super fake, remainder, un issued remainder...

I'm not anywhere near an expert on confederate currency...very indepth areas...honestly, read, read read...Whitman published some great books on this stuff...the only thing off is probably the values...much higher these days...

yea i have to agree this doesnt appear right

1 minute ago, BipolarBaby said:

yea i have to agree this doesnt appear right

Very dangerous area for some folk...a man had a tea stained notes from Texas and Georgia...he paid dearly and I imagine many others do also...

Just with anything...ask, read, ask again, read read and check auction records.....if you buy for the history good luck, prices are tough on alot of the important notes...if you can find them...lot of trash out there too....

12 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Very dangerous area for some folk...a man had a tea stained notes from Texas and Georgia...he paid dearly and I imagine many others do also...

Just with anything...ask, read, ask again, read read and check auction records.....if you buy for the history good luck, prices are tough on alot of the important notes...if you can find them...lot of trash out there too....

Tks guys

You might get better answers on the PMG side of the boards. I know jack squat about confederate notes so that's the only help I can offer there.