• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction Catalogs

9 posts in this topic

Do you keep your auction catalogs? They pile up quickly and take up a lot of room. If you don't keep them, do you give them away, sell them or trash them?

I used to keep them, including ones sent to me, all the YN's get them now, as was done for me then...(there are 2 given by E.P. Newman I keep for my own reasons) the vast majority of these catalogs I believe hold an insurmountable abundance of knowledge and accurate statistics...someone actively involved with ANA in the Springs collects them for YN's also, you could contact the great people there and I'm sure it would lead to something...

its time for me to start sorting through mine. U.S. & World catalogs, Domestic and International auction houses.  Even a couple of limited edition hardback catalogs from some of the more pristegious collections. 

Primarily keep or try to buy those related to what I collect, such as the Patterson collection sold by Bonham's in 1996.  Also have the Millenia Collection and a few of the hardcover Aureo & Calico.  Used to get a lot of them from any firms.  I dumped most when I moved both in 2011 and last year

On 11/16/2018 at 8:30 PM, Zebo said:

Do you keep your auction catalogs? They pile up quickly and take up a lot of room. If you don't keep them, do you give them away, sell them or trash them?

I only collect catalogs for the series in which I collect. No Auction Houses send me catalogs anymore. If I need it, they send it.