• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edynamicmarketing - getting holdered or blasting inside?

21 posts in this topic

This is outright fraud in my humble opinion. He makes an assertion under "Facts" that the toning is worth $1000 and makes the other intentionally misleading statements in red, which make the implied claim that the coin is a good investment.

Up For Offer In This Auction is a 1923 Silver Peace Dollar graded by PCGS a MS63 It has Monster toning on both the obverse and reverse side of the coin with a unique toning design on the obverse. This coin at this grade with the superior colorful and unique toning is not only a visually pleasing Peace Dollar but a welcome addition to any premium grade Peace Dollar collection.

⦁ FACTS:

⦁ Type: Silver Peace Dollar

⦁ Year: 1923

⦁ Mint Mark: None

⦁ Face Value: 1.00 USD

⦁ Total Produced: 30,800,000

⦁ Silver Content: 90%

⦁ Silver Weight: 26.73 grams

⦁ Grading Company: PCGS

⦁ Grade: MS63

⦁ Current Book Value Of this Coin Without Toning $48.00

⦁ Premium Value Added For The Quality Of Toning Present On This Coin $1,000.00

⦁ Current Value Of This Coin With Toning Included $1048.00

It would be safe to say out of the 30,800,000 Peace Dollars Produced at the Philadelphia Mint in 1923 the toning on this coin makes this Peace Dollar rank in the top 10 of the most beautiful Peace Dollars around at a MS63 or better. This makes this coin in our opinion VERY VERY RARE & IN HIGH DEMAND and it becomes a must have coin for the Peace Dollar Collector trying to build a Premium Toned Peace Dollar Collection piece by piece and is the type of coin that can become a family heirloom. Act now as this coin wont last long.

Coin collecting is over a $10 Billion dollar a year industry in the United States alone, and world wide figure is over $100 Billion dollars a year. It is one of those hobbies that may not immediately pay dividends, but whose value is paid out fully in decades to come. It's a way to store wealth, it's patriotic, it's a way for a 70 year old grandparent. a 45 year old parent and their 7 year old kid to relate. You see coins transcend decades, centuries, and of course generations. Sets can become family heirlooms, a roll of coins or a few proof sets today very well may help pay for a family members college years from now. Why leave your family "cash" that can easily be blown on a whim, when you could leave a collection you have built piece by piece. Something your family can cherish for years to come, and if hard times come like they do so often the collection will provide a bit of security.

We believe you will agree with the thousands of repeat customers we sell to when we say the coins look better in hand then the pictures portray online. ***And Remember If You Are NOT 100% Happy with the coin you receive you are protected with our 14 day no questions asked return policy!

These are gassed. There is a thread ats where a member found auctions of these coins perfectly white just a few weeks before this seller had them for sale. pcgs really should get on board and have all graded coins photographed like NGC does. I'll try and find the thread ats and post the link here

Edited to add link

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/970898/well-this-is-a-little-concerning/p1

Jersey cat started the thread ats, once you get past the bickering at the beginning it becomes a useful thread, gtstang posts the pics of the pre gassed coins.

How does something tone in those patterns? Answer: it doesn't, naturally. It's even more egregious that the top and bottom example have the exact same pattern.

Definitely AT!

We are wel beyond the question of AT or not. Whether they were gassed inside or got graded is the big question now.

More "Tazered" than "toned." Certainly unnatural and ugly.

Could PCGS go after the perpetrator for adulterating or tampering with their copyright product?

The seller is not exclusive to PCGS as NGC coins are also gassed, but appear to be not as friendly because of site photos and after gas effects.

On the NGC coin it appears the seller is micro drilling the side of the coin and where the gas enters the coin is darker.

This coin is currently for sale on eBay:

167078.jpg.c42bcf034537b60b78e5ee9982e9b604.jpg

167079.jpg.a97658c69fb0861bde8b29e819af938e.jpg

The seller is not exclusive to PCGS as NGC coins are also gassed, but appear to be not as friendly because of site photos and after gas effects.

On the NGC coin it appears the seller is micro drilling the side of the coin and where the gas enters the coin is darker. If you check the NGC site, the coin below is noted as being tampered.

This coin is currently for sale on eBay:

This is what the cert number pulls up, And I wouldn't have been suspicious of that arc of toning. What do you mean by "If you check the NGC site, the coin below is noted as being tampered".?

More "Tazered" than "toned." Certainly unnatural and ugly.

Could PCGS go after the perpetrator for adulterating or tampering with their copyright product?

I think a civil suit under the federal RICO statute would be more likely (if PCGS cared enough) and would be viable as both mail and wire fraud are listed among the predicate offenses. Although RICO was originally meant to go after organized criminal enterprises, it has been applied far more broadly and has both criminal and civil applications.

This is what the cert number pulls up, And I wouldn't have been suspicious of that arc of toning. What do you mean by "If you check the NGC site, the coin below is noted as being tampered".?

Sorry, I got my photos confused. On the cert number, this coin notes to contact NGC customer service and it appears from photo the coin has been tampered.

167080.jpg.7b09fe1c6afa25eb977a507613b31bfd.jpg

167081.jpg.85586c1b1d62c8272ae8fcd270629cfd.jpg

He has been running this shop for years now and many have noticed. Nothing has stopped him yet.

The fact that people are buying his handy work tells me that they are either uninformed or trying to take a shortcut. As soon as people stop being so lazy and greedy he won't have a market. Then it will stop. I don't have high expectations. Until then........gross

mark

If you buy this from this seller, you need to get stung, but good!

There have been other 'coin doctors' who have toned coins while still in the slab and are eventually caught and outed.

I do not know if there is any legal recourse the slab companies can take, a stern letter from the legal department could be a good start, as this is a civil matter, not criminal.

I took one look at his listing's on ebay and could tell instantly they were fake toned he has so many listed they all have the same type toning I truly enjoy collecting coin's this guy is altering the history of the coin's something need's to be done 1000's of them