• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 gold Walkers.

10 posts in this topic

Mintage limit 70k household limit 3. I think there are 25k hardcore buyers @ 3 ea. To sell this out in a day? Keys words " I think ".

Edit 3 hours before sale: the latest buzz is discouraging. My new guess is they flop. No sell out. The previous 2 issues burned enough toes and the big boys expect limits to lift very soon.

They'll be selling for $800+ each. How many collector-households of modern gold do you think there are, that have $2400+ lying around?

They'll be around even longer than the SLQ, imho.

So far I've bought one of each and hope to get one of this one to complete the set. I doubt they will do very well in the secondary market given they are selling for such a premium, but still a pretty coin.

Definitely a pretty coin. I may get one.

But then the "Pandora's Box" opens.

Would need the two others from 2016, then the 2014 JFK, the 2009 UHR Double Eagle, and the 2008-W set of 4 Buffalo.

So, up around $10k in no time.

I don't like the fact that they are smaller in diameter and thinner than the original coins but I think that they are still beautiful and of decent enough size.

I'd love to own one but I'm in no rush.

I don't believe that they'll sell out, right away, and they will be plentiful on the secondary market IMHO.

I'd probably only buy a graded MS 70, if I went the secondary market route. I could likely find one with the OGP to go with it just for completeness, if I were so inclined.