• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay purchase. Did I get burned?

17 posts in this topic

His terms require the buyer to pay the return postage, file a SNAD and I think you will get your return postage back as well.

Definitely isn't the same coin, but I don't like the date on the coin in the auction either.

I feel it is the same coin - the marks on the obverse from the second T of states over the eye and also the one in front of the ear are the same.

I am confused on the lack of color on their picture - can you use high power light and bleed out all color? or was there some photoshop type color manipulation?

I would return it anyway.

I feel it is the same coin - the marks on the obverse from the second T of states over the eye and also the one in front of the ear are the same.

I would return it anyway.

+1.....I think they tried to AT the coin after the picture had been taken

I cannot find the listing for comparison...course I don't do copper, so what would I know?

You need to search the item number under the 'Completed Listings' search page. Well, you don't need to, but I'm sure you understand.

I cannot find the listing for comparison...course I don't do copper, so what would I know?

Either way, I hope you are made whole again.

You are not alone. I couldn't find the original auction when searching for the auction number either.

You need to search the item number under the 'Completed Listings' search page. Well, you don't need to, but I'm sure you understand.

You are right. I thought when you searched by item number, it automatically would check all listings and not merely the active ones. You must also look to the side panel for the "completed listings" check box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1862-1C-Indian-Cent-/252584148845?hash=item3acf303f6d%3Ag%3AJEMAAOSw8w1X%7E-VA&nma=true&si=yYQD89va47oYjuRFwK9Z8mYeP5E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I purchased the coin pictured because the seller has an an image in the auction of a beautiful 1862 1c.

I was shocked when I opened the envelope.

Can I have your opinions of this coin?

The auction number is as follows-

IMG_5407_zpsnbmhjlxj.jpg]Boards.collectors-society.com[/url]

p><p> I don

The coin in the listing appears to be cleaned, spotted, and scratched, and the seller makes no mention of it being beautiful. Some have said your picture shows an AT'd coin; the seller appears to have 100% positive feedback and a 14 day return policy. Before jumping to conclusions about getting ripped off, I would contact the seller and ask for a return as per his published policy.

It's definitely the same coin. The scratches from the T in STATES to the forehead and from the corner of the eye to the ear are identical. The photo was taken in black & white to mask the AT probably. Paying AU55 money for a maybe $10 coin make returning it a priority! I was more than happy to pay $2.95 for return shipping to get my $68 back for a cleaned 1916 Buffalo which looked to have ms65 details.Wonder why there's no "De-juiced" photo of the reverse.

166011.jpg.4a8dfae88ed82b7b196ba424f4447ec1.jpg