• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rewarding myself a little

18 posts in this topic

Six ounces, one month and 10 lbs.

My wife finally convinced me to start going to the gym with her and dieting to try to diminish the size of my spare tire while she tries to lose the rest of her baby weight. This is something I've wanted to do for years but I just never made myself do it during grad school.

We agreed that we'd both treat ourselves in some way when we'd been good for a month. She wanted a pedicure. I wanted coins. :)

I gave some thought to what I wanted. I wanted to get something that would be unique and stand out in my collection. I didn't want something that would just be a part of a larger set or a widget that looks like 10 other things in my safe. Then I remembered these two ounce Ultra-High Relief privateer rounds that I'd thought were really cool and I'd wanted to get back in the day. I looked around and JMBullion still had the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th coins in the series for about $50 each.

2.5 weeks into the month my wife agreed that I could go ahead and order the three coins so I'd have them because I didn't want to risk JMB selling out of one or more of them. The condition was that she wouldn't let me open the box until I'd been tracking calories for 30 days.

Well, today was the 30th day I'd been dieting and the end of my 5th week at the gym. I'm down 10 pounds in the last 28 days since I started weighing myself regularly, and she gave me the box to open after lunch.

She was actually going to give me the box to open last night because she was so proud of me for sticking with it and I told her no and she could give it to me today after we went to the gym - specifically after the gym. We'd said 30 days and I was sticking to that. But now they're officially mine to stare at.

I need to find a place that sells air-tights for these thick two ounce rounds now.

She is also getting her pedicure today.

At some point I'll have to hit eBay to get the first coin in the series so I'll have all 4. Maybe I'll make that a reward for 2 months.

17573.jpg

See more journals by Revenant

Why does everyone go gaga over skulls? They're not that special, everybody has one.

I tend to agree and I'm not a huge fan of the Skull reverse on all of these. I wanted them because I love the Siren, Pirate Captain and Kraken designs in high relief.

Six ounces of Silver purchase for EVERY 10 lbs. lost ------ let us know how many weight loss ounces you have by the end of the year.

The deal is ---- if you add the weight back later from slacking --- You have to sell Six ounces of Silver for every 10 lbs. you gain back ---- lol

Good Luck!! :applause:

Rick

10 lbs, 6 oz is a large baby....7.5 lbs is 'average.'

I'm not sure if you're joking or you just didn't read...

My son was born at roughly 7.75 pounds and is now about 15 pounds 4 months later.

Congratulations on losing weight, I more or less cut out beer, hence the beer belly effect decreased significantly. Not sure if wine has the same effect, maybe I should drink a little from time to time for my "stomach's sake and many infirmities".(1Timothy 5:23) Or was that grape juice?

Good for you, Revenant!

I quit drinking alcohol completely over a year and a half ago.

I watch my diet and don't drink too much soda/sugar, either.

I try to exercise daily (walking/running/sit-ups/curls) and I lost 25 lbs. and I am healthier and happier than ever.

I feel rested instead of sick and tired all the time.

I'm back to 34 waste size in the last month after going off the IPA beers more or less; the light ones lose a lot in taste. I have friends who are recovering alcoholics which is a rough problem to deal with.

I do remodel work and such. The past few weeks has been constructing a new fitness center in Pickens, S.C. ---- Cross-Fit.

It will open in a week and sure seems different than the usual work-out places I have seen. No weights --- monkey bars, HUGE tires, Wall climbing and more.

Good for you, Revenant!

I try to exercise daily (walking/running/sit-ups/curls) and I lost 25 lbs. and I am healthier and happier than ever.

I almost never drink alcohol - I'm not opposed to it. I just don't like it much. But I have cut back on the candy and Sodas.

We're lifting weights 3 times a day on alternating days and doing cardio 4 days a week. Much more than that is difficult with the baby.

Good for you, Revenant!

I almost never drink alcohol - I'm not opposed to it. I just don't like it much. But I have cut back on the candy and Sodas.

We're lifting weights 3 times a day on alternating days and doing cardio 4 days a week. Much more than that is difficult with the baby.

I wish that I hadn't liked it so much. Even though it was soooo much fun in my 20s and 30s, it caused me a lot of problems later on.

It will ruin your health, relationships, families and jobs, if you let it. Thank God that never happened to me.

That workout schedule is just fine.

You are only supposed to lift for each muscle group every other day giving each group a one day break in between.

Make sure that you get enough rest, too----your muscles actually grow while you sleep, so all the lifting in the world won't help, if you don't get adequate rest.

I run 2 miles every other day and that is plenty of cardio for me. More than that is tough on the joints imho.

It's good to watch your calories, as well----about 2000 a day is sufficient to maintain your weight along with the exercise.

Sounds like you're doing great. (thumbs u