• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kryptonitecomics Consignment?

118 posts in this topic

It's funny. As Bochibaby is spearheading this great deception discovery against me, he is ATS defending KryptoniteComics and quoting the bible. He has 100k due to consignors from his Ponzi scheme, and that's not deception. But text on a screen such as "beautiful coin!" is?

The 100K number was not KryptoniteComics. That was brought up with regard to Cameron Kiefer, the young numismatist who committed suicide back in 2010. You got your wires crossed somewhere mumu...this is how rumors and misinformation gets spread.

I got that number ATS. Tradedollarnut offered to pay the 6k he owed to the OP of that thread. A couple others also stepped up and then someone said something like "that's 12k towards the 100k needed" There was someone there who told the story of the paypal loan and he said he was owed substantially more than the 6k so 100k doesn't seem that far fetched.

It's funny. As Bochibaby is spearheading this great deception discovery against me, he is ATS defending KryptoniteComics and quoting the bible. He has 100k due to consignors from his Ponzi scheme, and that's not deception. But text on a screen such as "beautiful coin!" is?

The 100K number was not KryptoniteComics. That was brought up with regard to Cameron Kiefer, the young numismatist who committed suicide back in 2010. You got your wires crossed somewhere mumu...this is how rumors and misinformation gets spread.

I got that number ATS. Tradedollarnut offered to pay the 6k he owed to the OP of that thread. A couple others also stepped up and then someone said something like "that's 12k towards the 100k needed" There was someone there who told the story of the paypal loan and he said he was owed substantially more than the 6k so 100k doesn't seem that far fetched.

That was me. It was an off-the-cuff remark about how TDN's actions were remarkably nice and gracious, but $6k probably wouldn't come anywhere close to covering his obligations, and I theorized it was probably closer to $100k including the PP loan. There's zero basis in fact for my speculative guess as to the extent of his debt and to see it parroted as fact, frankly, is perturbing.

EDIT: Added an L.

That was me. It was an off-the-cuff remark about how TDN's actions were remarkably nice and gracious, but $6k probably wouldn't come anywhere close to covering his obligations, and I theorized it was probably closer to $100k including the PP loan. There's zero basis in fact for my speculative guess as to the extent of his debt and to see it parroted as fact, franky, is perturbing.

Shirley, you cant be serious...and don't call me franky.

I am surprised at the number of people throwing stones whom gave never done business with him.

I don't think having done business with him is a needed qualifier to discuss the situation. Most people have never done business with Bernie Madoff or OJ Simpson. But I would expect most people here have done business with him. No one is throwing stones, I think most people feel theyd like KC to get out of the situation as he was one of many of our favorite sellers.

The thread ATS has apparently been poofed. What was going on?

You missed an interesting thread. It's actually irritating that it got poofed. I could see locking it so no further replies could be made but having it disappear is a huge disservice to potential board members who may get scammed by Shane. It should have been left for members to read IMO. I'm sure someone can give you a run down of the nearly 15 page thread.

Nick

I hate this whole situation. Lots of folks having tough times.

I agree, and it is a very sad and unfortunate situation. I miss consigning items and having him photograph coins for me. If it weren't for this, he would have had a ton of additional consignments from me last year. I also enjoyed purchasing items from him, and some of my favorite toned coins were from him. He had also been a friend, and I always appreciated his advice and opinions on toned coins. I wish him nothing but the absolute best, and hope that he is able to resolve things and everything works out.

With this said, both threads leave me feeling extremely guilty. I had consigned several items previously, and was always promptly paid until around the middle of last year. I knew something was up, and it took a few months to be paid. I knew of others, but we had assumed that everything had resolved itself. I didn't want to raise alarm and hurt his business, since I thought everything had resolved itself because everyone I knew in the same situation was ultimately paid in full. Now that I see that the issue was not resolved, I feel terribly. Although I had no legal obligation to do so, morally I should have come forward and said something, but I did not. To anyone affected, I am truly sorry and hope that you will accept my apology. I hope others will learn from my mistake in the future.

I hate this whole situation. Lots of folks having tough times.

I agree, and it is a very sad and unfortunate situation. I miss consigning items and having him photograph coins for me. If it weren't for this, he would have had a ton of additional consignments from me last year. I also enjoyed purchasing items from him, and some of my favorite toned coins were from him. He had also been a friend, and I always appreciated his advice and opinions on toned coins. I wish him nothing but the absolute best, and hope that he is able to resolve things and everything works out.

With this said, both threads leave me feeling extremely guilty. I had consigned several items previously, and was always promptly paid until around the middle of last year. I knew something was up, and it took a few months to be paid. I knew of others, but we had assumed that everything had resolved itself. I didn't want to raise alarm and hurt his business, since I thought everything had resolved itself because everyone I knew in the same situation was ultimately paid in full. Now that I see that the issue was not resolved, I feel terribly. Although I had no legal obligation to do so, morally I should have come forward and said something, but I did not. To anyone affected, I am truly sorry and hope that you will accept my apology. I hope others will learn from my mistake in the future.

What is going on? I was away for a couple of weeks, and missed the whole situation.

You missed an interesting thread. It's actually irritating that it got poofed. I could see locking it so no further replies could be made but having it disappear is a huge disservice to potential board members who may get scammed by Shane. It should have been left for members to read IMO. I'm sure someone can give you a run down of the nearly 15 page thread.

Nick

IMO, for me, the highlight was when Bochibaby somehow amazingly deduced my alt just from making identical posts here and there and having the same coins in my signature. I still don't know how he did that. Some kind of parlour trick.

Nick

IMO, for me, the highlight was when Bochibaby somehow amazingly deduced my alt just from making identical posts here and there and having the same coins in my signature. I still don't know how he did that. Some kind of parlour trick.

You place far too much importance on that or other posts pertaining

to you.

What is going on? I was away for a couple of weeks, and missed the whole situation.

I was pretty sure it was going to go poof, so I saved it as a PDF file on Thursday night (June 16). It's missing the few replies after that time, but if you'd like to see the 57 page PDF file up to that point, I'm happy to email it to you Jason. Shoot me a PM.

Nick

to you.

Why wouldn't I? I am the most important person in my life. No one else is going to care about you like yourself and your mother.

If Shane cared about people mentioning him as much as he should, he might save his business by answering.

I wish it had been locked so people that hadn't seen it, that may have been thinking of consigning coins (to Shane or anyone else), would have had a chance to read it and think about things.

Regrettably, when Cameron's situation was raised, and a quote from Shane that was posted in a thread from Cameron's situation was brought up, I think that may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

I doubt PCGS, or any other public company with a public board, wants to take certain risks or have certain things on their website.....

Some people were pushing things a bit far...and some folks were trying to be super helping (TDN and Lance, among a few others).

Wish it hadn't gone poof but surprised it lasted as long as it did.

In the now deleted thread ATS, someone made reference to a new comic store with a new expensive, larger location going by the name Kryptonite Comics and Collectables (a fictitious, d/b/a name that is used for Sweet Geek, L.L.C.).

Upon further research, it appears to NOT BE connected to Shane. This is after an online entity search with the Florida Division of Corporations. It is registered to a Christopher Kinder 100 miles away from Shane. The people ATS were wrong and spreading misinformation, making a bad situation far worse.

https://www.facebook.com/KryptoniteComicsOcalaFL/info/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=page_info

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=SWEETGEEK%20L150000936830&aggregateId=flal-l15000093683-7162bb5c-0922-4e17-a5e2-83977ab83870&searchTerm=sweet%20geek&listNameOrder=SWEETGEEK%20L150000936830

In the now deleted thread ATS, someone made reference to a new comic store with a new expensive, larger location going by the name Kryptonite Comics and Collectables (a fictitious, d/b/a name that is used for Sweet Geek, L.L.C.).

Upon further research, it appears to NOT BE connected to Shane. This is after an online entity search with the Florida Division of Corporations. It is registered to a Christopher Kinder 100 miles away from Shane. The people ATS were wrong and spreading misinformation, making a bad situation far worse.

https://www.facebook.com/KryptoniteComicsOcalaFL/info/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=page_info

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=SWEETGEEK%20L150000936830&aggregateId=flal-l15000093683-7162bb5c-0922-4e17-a5e2-83977ab83870&searchTerm=sweet%20geek&listNameOrder=SWEETGEEK%20L150000936830

I noticed a few forum members left some negative comments on their Facebook page. It appears those comments have been deleted which is good. I wasn't convinced it was the same company as Shane. Nice detective work.

Nick

to you.

Did my Pharmer Reply Book arrive yet?

I wish it had been locked so people that hadn't seen it, that may have been thinking of consigning coins (to Shane or anyone else), would have had a chance to read it and think about things.

Regrettably, when Cameron's situation was raised, and a quote from Shane that was posted in a thread from Cameron's situation was brought up, I think that may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

I doubt PCGS, or any other public company with a public board, wants to take certain risks or have certain things on their website.....

Some people were pushing things a bit far...and some folks were trying to be super helping (TDN and Lance, among a few others).

Wish it hadn't gone poof but surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Cameron was very very ill for a very long time before his death. At the time of his death, those individuals that attributed his suicide to the events concerning his coin business were very very wrong. They still are. Many persons behind the scenes stepped forward to assist Cameron with the monetary issues. There were even ridiculous posts that surmised the discussions on the Boards about Cameron's' business difficulties caused him to take his own life. No, it didn't. That assumption apparently still exists. That is sad.

I can understand the decision and reasons for removing the Thread. It was a sound and correct decision IMHO.

Even to suggest someone might commit suicide really turns my stomach. Let stop this right here and right now.

People in the thread ATS were trying to keep Shane from taking a similar route. Shane did, in fact, post something to the fact that he could relate to how someone could consider suicide and leave behind a wife and kid (like Cameron) as he had once considered it. When someone admits to such ideations in the past, the likelihood of having them in the future is much, much higher. I don't think the comparison (at least as to how the Keifer story was played out and represented publicly) is a bad one at all.

I am in no way taking up for what has happened here. Shane should absolutely come forward and explain himself, and explain what steps he is taking to correct all of this. With this said, we simply do not know what is going on. I was a regular consignor with Shane, and the changes were very, very sudden, leading me to believe that there could be exceptional circumstances in play that were beyond his control. I think it is very unlikely that someone who was always exceptionally honest and punctual turns over night. I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but we should reserve judgment until we do know what is going on.

For those who do not care about the human element, if threads like those ATS push him to the brink of suicide, those angry posters (the ones who actually did have funds tied up were justified) will also deny themselves any shot of any recovery. So far, we have established that this was going on since around June or July of last year; it does appear that Shane is working to make things right (and I don't think it is merely a case of taking from current consignors to pay back past consignors). Around the same time that this started happening, Shane's card business did increase exponentially. People should let him pay them back, even if it is late. Late is better than never.

With this said, I understand the frustration as the delay in payments did in fact cause me problems last year. I had made a payment arrangement on an item, and had budgeted in my consignment proceeds for items that had ended 30 days before, and I still didn't see the money for at least another 2 months. It put me in a pinch. I was able to pay off the item (but was a little late), but it caused me embarrassment and problems as it simply made it look like I had overextended myself. Fortunately, the dealer/dealership was understanding and still does business with me. Shane and I had a regular understanding that my funds were available once positive feedback was left or after 14 days (the eBay return privilege) expired. I never sent him anything after that.

Even to suggest someone might commit suicide really turns my stomach. Lets stop this right here and right now.

I hope you are not suggesting that is what I did. If so, you are wrong, and not interpreting my post correctly.

I would occasionally buy from him getting interesting material for inventory which I retailed later down the road.

Lately, his offerings of coins have dwindled and only 18 items per a prior post of mine.

I have seen at least one other major ebay auctioneer (a major dealer) back out of auctions who is now entirely BIN / make offer (decided to move in another direction).

Whether Shane will resume auctions / consignments or has decided to move in another direction remains to be seen.

I wonder if the ebay move pushing a 30 day return period on numismatic items has impacted his business process. I am not a consignor either directly selling on ebay or from my table at shows.

Is there anyone here he still owes money to? How much and how far past due? What have been your results in trying to collect on the account?

Is there anyone here he still owes money to? How much and how far past due? What have been your results in trying to collect on the account?

Nobody has claimed that he has paid them, he probably owes a lot of people money. What I saw in the thread ATS, the guy that started it was owed $6k and was 3 months late. Another was like $600, and 2 months. Somebody else said that he was way behind and owed them an "embarrassing" amount.

He blocked the OP of that thread from contacting him, he stopped responding to emails as well. somebody else who had worked with him in the past said they contacted him and he sent them a new email address and mentioned no problems with payments, and that he would gladly take stuff on consignment.

I've had Shane auction off a few of my coins a long time ago. Most recently, I had him auction off about 80 high grade Roosevelt dimes.

The coins were auction back in February/March. I gave Shane a month to allow for returns. Then emailed him about payment, but didn't hear back immediately. On May 14th, I emailed him again. This time he said that he would get the spreadsheet together and get me paid.

Here it is June 4 and I have not heard back from him since. I sent two emails this morning without a response.

Has anyone else had this problem with Kryptonitecomics before?

Were you the same poster that started the thread ATS that made reference to $6k or are you another poster he owes a few grand? Has this hit the five figure mark? I wonder if there is a way to help him out, but if he is 5 figures in the hole, then I think it might be too late.

Nobody has claimed that he has paid them, he probably owes a lot of people money. What I saw in the thread ATS, the guy that started it was owed $6k and was 3 months late. Another was like $600, and 2 months. Somebody else said that he was way behind and owed them an "embarrassing" amount.

He blocked the OP of that thread from contacting him, he stopped responding to emails as well. somebody else who had worked with him in the past said they contacted him and he sent them a new email address and mentioned no problems with payments, and that he would gladly take stuff on consignment.

He ran into problems last year, and yes, to my knowledge, they were paid in full.

He ran into problems last year, and yes, to my knowledge, they were paid in full.

That was last year, and he still had a consignment business, and thus, revenue/profits with which he could cover his outstanding debts.