• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest Pop 1 Grade PF70 UC coin posted by Dan Hughes

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2009 S$15 Canada King Of Hearts PF70 Ultra Cameo

Here is the latest addition to my coins with a population of 1 at grade 70. I currently have 155 coins in my Custom Set "The Dan Hughes Grade 70 Pop 1 Collection", this will be #156. In the world coin arena it is obviously much easier to get a pop 1 coin, still feels great when it happens. There are 4 coins in this Series, Canada $15 Playing Card Money Series - Ten Of Spades, Jack Of Hearts, Queen Of Spades, & King Of Hearts. I have submitted several for grading and the best I ever got was a 69. This King Of Hearts is the only one in the entire series to get a 70 grade as of this date.

17417.jpg

See more journals by Dan Hughes

Cool!

That is a unique piece.

I have always been fascinated with the playing cards motif.

I have other collectibles with playing cards designs.

Congrats on a perfect 70!

As the saying goes - "nothing lasts forever". I never expected the coins to always be a Pop 1 coin, that would be foolish. I am only documenting the ones that are as of the day I first have them. Trying to go back and continually check on 150+ coins all the time to see if they still are Pop 1 coins would be foolish, as well as incredibly time consuming. Just enjoying them for the moment and documenting them for that moment.

Congrats! I have a few Canadian coins in my collection and I have had my eye on the playing card set. They do an outstanding job!