• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got banned- I was wrong as I can now log in.

67 posts in this topic

PCGS is horrible, they overgrade, censor views that don't match to a t what they think, and by doing so are condoning and creating misinformation and ignorance within the hobby. I'll listen to your honest opinions. Welcome!

How do you know why you got banned? Maybe they did not like your 'ignore user' thread, as not being politically correct.

PS - they will still take your money for collectors club, COINFACTS, and submissions...

Banned? That makes no sense. ??? It was my coin he was slamming, and coin was graded by NGC.

And please, don't start the discussion again. You have made your point. You hate the coin.

I have always found that there is a polite and professional way of communicating that accomplishes the same goal as the opposite. I, along with many others ATS, have expressed views contrary to the way an item has been graded and guess what...we are still over there and allowed to post. It frequently comes down to the way people are raised and the communication skills learned. ATS there are 10 simple rules to abide by, if you cannot abide by those on that forum or are unable to comprehend them, you will likely run into problems there...but also probably life in general.

The only time I got into trouble ATS was when I made too many comments about a coin with many fly specks for which someone paid a super premium price. Looking back it I pushed my comments too far.

I took a look at that “ignore” thread ATS, and that is the most confusing—yet ridiculously funny, what with instructions about only blocking PMs, but dashboard clicking will open another something or other whenever, maybe too wherever, but at the moment from hereafter blocked blather matters, or doesn't, well, whatever…and so on, and so on, and you know...what difference does it really make—thread.

Contrary to what some people believe, one need not break any rules or do anything "wrong" in order to get banned there. Sometimes it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time or the wrong person taking offense to an otherwise innocuous comment.

Because that thread is still active. I am guessing a person was mad because I blocked him and would not continue on wth his drama in pm's. I am not in the circle of trust there and I am guessing he complained to the right guy. Honestly that coin was hairlined enough that I thought others could learn from it.

If you think it's me, you are wrong. I'd never go to cops over there, even when one guy threatened me physically in a PM for using what he considered to be a word in a politically incorrect context. My wife used the word in the same context in one of our discussions at home, and I playfully told her she was on "thin ice."

Welcome.

There are quite of few of us here banned ATS.

I like it here better every day.

Just treat others as you'd like to be treated and things should go well.

:)

Welcome.

I've never seen DarkTone push the envelope.

I haven't summoned the courage to open the "blocked" thread yet.

I have always found that there is a polite and professional way of communicating that accomplishes the same goal as the opposite. I, along with many others ATS, have expressed views contrary to the way an item has been graded and guess what...we are still over there and allowed to post. It frequently comes down to the way people are raised and the communication skills learned. ATS there are 10 simple rules to abide by, if you cannot abide by those on that forum or are unable to comprehend them, you will likely run into problems there...but also probably life in general.

I put the over/under before banning at 6 months....

Because that thread is still active. I am guessing a person was mad because I blocked him and would not continue on wth his drama in pm's. I am not in the circle of trust there and I am guessing he complained to the right guy. Honestly that coin was hairlined enough that I thought others could learn from it.

If you think it's me, you are wrong. I'd never go to cops over there, even when one guy threatened me physically in a PM for using what he considered to be a word in a politically incorrect context. My wife used the word in the same context in one of our discussions at home, and I playfully told her she was on "thin ice."

Bill and I have had our moments over the years but I would bet the farm that it wasn't him. Not his style

mark

I frequent both boards to learn what I can. It's certainly true that they have more "traffic" and because of that there are more things discussed, but, it's equally true that they have no tolerance for anything that approaches honest opinions if there's any chance that someone's feelings might get hurt.

I've never even considered that I might get the banhammer here. In that respect, it's like 2 different worlds with one having a rather thin skinned person running the show.

Welcome.

I've never seen DarkTone push the envelope.

I haven't summoned the courage to open the "blocked" thread yet.

Neither have I. I'm lost on this as the Ignore User thread couldn't have possibly got him bammed. Must have been another thread that I missed

mark

darktone, you may have set the record for longest-time-posting-before-banning: 13 years. Typically it seems posters flame out within 2 years at most.

More seriously, I'm very sorry you got banned and I hope you can come back.

Mark

PS: I, too, missed the thread. I thought a few people were skating on thin ice in the DWN blog thread. But so far all those participants seem to still have posting privileges.

Contrary to what some people believe, one need not break any rules or do anything "wrong" in order to get banned there. Sometimes it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time or the wrong person taking offense to an otherwise innocuous comment.

I haven't been banned there but I have to agree with Mark here. Too many times have I seen people post comments about comments they would rather make but feared being banned. I can understand disrespecting people or the hosts, but when you are limited to honest opinions about coins also, your right to speech ATS is very limited.

darktone:

Well, there goes your record for the longest-time-until banned. Perhaps you say something truly obnoxious and actually win the record. :)

Mark

PCGS is horrible, they overgrade, censor views that don't match to a t what they think, and by doing so are condoning and creating misinformation and ignorance within the hobby. I'll listen to your honest opinions. Welcome!

pfffttt

As you can see he just couldn't log in

mark

Well the original poster's message was different earlier in the day. He honestly thought he was banned.

meh, I still stand by what I said. They do.

People are quick to jump to conclusions here. Especially those that have a chip on their shoulder. Most posters that get bammed at PCGS deserve it. They then come here and wax poetic and play the victim. Some intentionally get themselves banned so they can play martyr. Some that get banned are casualties of bad timing. There are a handful of exiled posters that The PCGS me members would love to have back as they are awesome. Roger, Mark, Condor.......maybe I'm missing a couple others. It's a shame they are gone and I personally wish it were different.

Pcgs ain't the bad guy. Especially in this instance

mark

MJ, just the fact that roger, mark and conder (and yes I'm certain a few others) have been banned tells you all you need to know about PCGS (professional communist grading service. The constant censorship and overall presence of fear they create over there keeps me away, and yes that's no big loss for anyone but I'm sure those boards miss out from others who feel the same as me. I'm curious who has been banned from PCGS but still contributes here. I think I'll start another thread.

Nick

The problem is half the posters there are stuck up rich old geezers who have never been on another forum and think everything is a big deal.

I don't see PCGS as the bad guy. Sometimes folks just get caught up in bad situations. I'm almost sure that Roger, Mark and Conder could go back but they don't care to.