• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp and "set" complete

21 posts in this topic

A few of you know I've been working on a few Walker projects. Well after eight years and viewing literally hundreds of proof Walkers my proof set is theoritically complete. It will be fun tinkering with it perhaps over time. 1938 was without the most elusive coin for me to find. I wanted one with frost, super deep mirrors and that "rolling" liquid mercury look in the fields.

This is a PCGS 67+ CAC. The set contains some 68's and the balance 67's. Will get them all TrueViewed. ( a few are)

This was a labor of love. Thanks for letting me share.

mark

image_zpsyj3imrfx.jpeg

I like how you have integrated frosty devices and black, mirrored field specimens with beautifully colored examples. (thumbs u

Thank you. This is an all PCGS set. However I've been working on a Walker MS * NGC set for years as well. It may take another decade to finish. Star Walkers are challenging. I'm at 11 for the long/short set.

mark

I like how you have integrated frosty devices and black, mirrored field specimens with beautifully colored examples. (thumbs u

Thank you. This is an all PCGS set. However I've been working on a Walker MS * NGC set for years as well. It may take another decade to finish. Star Walkers are challenging. I'm at 11 for the long/short set.

mark

Nice. I remember seeing that 1941-S 65+ * example that you posted before. It was sweet. An all NGC 'star' set would be very challenging to say the least.

Congratulations on finishing your Walker proof set. I definitely want to add a proof Walker to my collection and use the criteria you listed. I've been browsing inventory just getting myself acquainted with proof Walkers. I really want something special when i add "this" coin to my collection.

My problem is I'm trying to finish a Peace Dollar set and I am also working on a type set at the same time.

Too many choices, too little funds....

Best of luck on your NGC* set.

Edited: clarified my Proof Walker thoughts

Congrats, and thanks for posting. I love the detail on the proofs; you can see the hand on Miss Liberty on the obverse in detail, and also the left leg eagle feathers on the reverse. These two attributes I admire and love to see in detail on these coins!