• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just love PCI toned coins

13 posts in this topic

Good looking group. I particularly like the 1988. (thumbs u
That's my favorite, too.

Also my favorite too. Thanks everyone for the nice comments and great

coins to those who posted.

Very nice coins, but the Proof is not PCI toned. Wondered if it was you that won that one at auction recently. (You got a great deal!)

If these are still in the PCI holders, you have to be careful. Remember that the holder caused them to tone in the first place. Leaving them in the holder will allow them to continue toning. They will eventually progress to where they don't look as pretty. Some turn lighter, some turn darker. I have experienced this firsthand. I don't know what the answer is to stop this process. Braddick claims he does, but I'm not sure it would be proper to divulge.

I am a US coin dealer specializing in toned US coins - this is what I study and deal in for a living. Proof ASE get very hard to find toned after 1990, and you have a striking beauty in that 1997.