• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade (toned proof roosie)

12 posts in this topic

1) He said it was a PROOF, so the MS grades probably are missing something. wink.gif

2) It is impossible to grade a proof coin from a scan. It's hard enough to grade them in person under less than ideal light.

Greg has it right on, I can barely grade proofs in person, let alone a scan. That said, I would guess PR-66 (not sure if it's cam, can't really tell from the photo).

Nice one!

Just a guess as I can't examine for hairlines.... Wait, RWW just guessed what I was going to guess, except I forgot about the star.

I have a roosey or two I should submit for a potential star... I wish I didn't have to come up with 5 coins for an economy submission... Maybe if I say I know GMarguli they will lower the limit for me wink.gif

I wish I didn't have to come up with 5 coins for an economy submission... Maybe if I say I know GMarguli they will lower the limit for me wink.gif

Yes, but if you tell them you know me your grades will suffer. wink.gif

Actually, if you want you can send the coins to me and I'll add them to my next shipment (probably 3-4 weeks away).

The grade is PF-68 Cam

I agree that it is really hard to grade a proof coin from a pic. even in person it's hard to grade PF's. Congrats to those who got it right and good luck on the next one