• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Opportunity I Couldn't Pass Up

8 posts in this topic

My new half-cent is perhaps the most gorgeous half-cent I have run across.

I wasnt looking to buy this 1835 Half-Cent piece, but I came across it searching e-bay listings and couldnt pass it up. Fortunately, the coin it replaces in my collection was targeted for an eventual upgrade. In the new piece I get exceptional color and a very strong strike. In other words this coin has exceptional eye appeal. It also fits my plans to add the best looking coins for the price I can afford into my 7070 Type set.

Gary

16705.jpg

See more journals by gherrmann44

Nice coin, Gary! When I was a teen, i.e., long ago, I was starting to collect half cents on a newspaper delivery income. I thought I might work on them again after the large cents, and still think I might after the half dimes. Seeing nice ones keeps that interest alive. I'm glad you got such a nice one - it looks PQ for the grade, as far as one can tell from a photo. (And your photos are good...)

Alan

in my humble opinion, coins are worthless without eye appeal. Copper has to look like this to get my attention and this one sure has. Congrats on a rare find these days!