• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bean or No Bean

25 posts in this topic

Looks like a solid 62 to me with those scratches. Don't think it would warrant a bean if the bean means anything better than what it is. Not my series though.

Since it is in a 62 holder the only things I think it could keep it from getting CAC approval are rub (meaning it's AU) or a lot of hairlines from cleaning.

Otherwise, I don't see any issues that can keep it from beaning.

jom

Almost looks like one of Eric Newman's coins based on the long term envelope stored toning. It's a nice example for a MS62 as it's tough to find any early examples in seated halves or dollars which haven't been boinked repeatedly. So beano before or no beano afterward you'd be hard pressed to find something better at this grade range.

That's a tough deal there because in the picture what might be rub on the right breast might also be a break in the toning. If this coin were white I'd guess that disappears.

I think the strike will carry the coin, so I'm giving it a green bean.

Strike is magnifico----I say bean!

That is assuming there is no rub on that left facing breast, which I am guessing there is not.

I'd have to see it in hand to be certain.

That's a tough deal there because in the picture what might be rub on the right breast might also be a break in the toning.

Agreed, but I lean towards rub. If it is a break in toning and not rub, then it should pass CAC.

hard for me to grade/tell from photos but since this is all we got here

my vote is au-62 with below average eye appeal so no bean

again only based on photos

My feeling is it's not going to sticker because of a lack of eye appeal. But, I don't do those and could be totally wrong.

I don't think eye appeal will be an issue. The coin looks highly original, many lower grade unc. coins are not especially attractive and I have seen a great many higher grade coins with CAC stickers which weren't any better looking than this one.

I didn't see any lustre in the images so I was going to say no bean.

A little late to the game on my part.

Still a nice example.

:)

My feeling is it's not going to sticker because of a lack of eye appeal. But, I don't do those and could be totally wrong.

I don't think eye appeal will be an issue. The coin looks highly original, many lower grade unc. coins are not especially attractive and I have seen a great many higher grade coins with CAC stickers which weren't any better looking than this one.

+1 CAC rewards originality.