• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotated Photos

8 posts in this topic

I recently got a new computer with Windows 8.1, unsure if that has anything to do with this or not but it is the only thing I have changed.

When I upload photos to my registry sets, the photos are now rotated 90 degrees. They are standing up when viewed on my computer but are laying down in the registry gallery. I tried to rotate them and then upload to the registry but they are still laying down when viewed in the registry. Am I doing something wrong?

• Administrator

JRs Coins,

Thanks for the inquiry. You will need to utilize your photo editing software on your personal computer to rotate your photos before you try to load them to our website. I hope this helps.

As I stated in my original post, I did try to rotate the photo after viewing the orientation in the registry. I just tried that again and even turned one upside down to see if that had any effect. The photos in the registry are still horizontal no matter which way I turn them before uploading.

My most recent photos are my 2015 and 2015(w) silver eagles and mu 2015 US Marshals MS commemorative, please have a look.

• Administrator

If you would email the original photos over to me at dena@ngccoin.com, I can look at it and try to determine what is happening.

I am having the same problem and also am using windows 8. Has anybody come up with a fix for this? This only happens with pictures that I take. If I copy and paste from the website I purchase the coin from to my computer this never happens.

Dena,

Thanks for taking your time and looking into this for me. After I emailed you the photos, I tried uploading a photo using a friends newer camera and did not experience the problem. My camera is about 7 years old. Maybe the new computer operating system was the issue. I know my flatbed scanner no longer works at all with Windows 8.1.

At any rate, I bought a new camera and problem solved (for me anyhow). Thanks again for contacting me and trying to help.

JR