• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP ***NUMISMAQUEST***

19 posts in this topic

I haven't been around too long but I'd play quite regularly and always learned something new every week. Sad to see it go.

RIP NUMISMAQUEST (2002-2015) 646 weeks

I'm sorry to see it go, too. I didn't participate every week, but I always made it a point to read the questions & answers.

Thanks, NGC & PMG, for the 10 years I followed Numismaquest.

Chris

I played it or at least read it and attempted to play it every chance I could. I've gotten some very nice gifts and great reads, some autographed! Thank you NGC and PMG. Your generosity over the years have been very much appreciated!

I play on a regular basis and when I don't know the answer I come back to read and learn. It's a shame it's gone, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks NGC for continuing with the cointest for this long....

And, FWIW, I was the last winner!! :)

I played it or at least read it and attempted to play it every chance I could. I've gotten some very nice gifts and great reads, some autographed! Thank you NGC and PMG. Your generosity over the years have been very much appreciated!

<3 :sorry::(

I will miss it and tried a few times. I would like to thank NGC and PMG for holding it almost every week. It had to have been difficult coming up with new questions every week.

<3 :sorry::(

+1

I never played it enough to win but am sad it see it go. :(

I only participated once or twice, won once. Didn't do it more often because I work nights on weekends and they put up the questions while I'm in bed asleep. By the time I could see the question it had been up for 15 hours. Not much chance at winning that way.

I only participated once or twice, won once. Didn't do it more often because I work nights on weekends and they put up the questions while I'm in bed asleep. By the time I could see the question it had been up for 15 hours. Not much chance at winning that way.

I felt the same way when I first started to play, so I made the suggestion that a random drawing from all of the correct answers would be more fair for those whose jobs restricted their participation. I'm not sure when this change was implemented, but it had been in use for a number of years.

Chris

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Chris is correct that the answers were selected randomly from all the correct ones during most of NumismaQuest's run. This was considered more fair and more inclusive.

I felt the same way when I first started to play, so I made the suggestion that a random drawing from all of the correct answers would be more fair for those whose jobs restricted their participation. I'm not sure when this change was implemented, but it had been in use for a number of years.

Chris

Yep, I remember when you made the request and it must have made sense since they complied. I agree that it was a more fair way to pick a winner. I believe that change was made two or three years ago, I can't recall the exact date. It was fun, maybe they finally ran out of extra books to send out as prizes. I know I learned a lot more about Buffalo nickels when I won Mr. Langes reference book. Thanks to the crew that kept the gears of my mind oiled.

Chris

Yep, I remember when you made the request and it must have made sense since they complied. I agree that it was a more fair way to pick a winner. I believe that change was made two or three years ago, I can't recall the exact date. It was fun, maybe they finally ran out of extra books to send out as prizes. I know I learned a lot more about Buffalo nickels when I won Mr. Langes reference book. Thanks to the crew that kept the gears of my mind oiled.

Yeah, I was never fortunate enough to win any book, and I really would have liked to get David's book on Buffs to go with his book on Mercs that was given to all of us attending the NGC Luncheon at FUN one year. That was the nicest gift I ever received!

NGC has been so kind in so many respects.

Chris

Chris, I'm not a Buffalo collector, so if you'd like the book PM me your address. After I finish my move, probably a month, I'll be able to unpack my books and get it to you.

Coindude.... That was very nice of you to offer to send the Buffalo book.

I also will miss Numismaquest... I have not played in awhile, but I have won a

few Certified boxes. The NGC boxes are the very best.

Sorry to see something like this slide into oblivion.

It was great fun and I was very lucky to win four books and a couple of coin boxes. Thanks to NGC for keeping it going for so long and for 3 1/4s of my numismatic library!!

I'm looking forward to the successor. It might be even more fun :)

Maybe they will come up with a coin puzzle game similar to the one James Garcia used to run.

Chris