• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Coolest Coin Picture I Have Ever Taken

15 posts in this topic

That is pretty cool Jason. I'm using adobe photo 10, is that 3d look in there somewhere?

Bobby, I don't think he found a tool for it anywhere. I'll let Jason explain it since this is his thread.

Chris

That is pretty cool Jason. I'm using adobe photo 10, is that 3d look in there somewhere?

Nope, this is a trick of the lighting. The coin is fully prooflike, and the way the light is reflecting off the coin, it is causing a reflection in the slab. It looks like the letters are floating because of the way the reflection is. There are no digital effects here.

Nope, this is a trick of the lighting. The coin is fully prooflike, and the way the light is reflecting off the coin, it is causing a reflection in the slab. It looks like the letters are floating because of the way the reflection is. There are no digital effects here.

Nice shot!

Neat! When did you expand your PL set to foreign coins?

I don't talk about them nearly as much, but I've been picking them up when they are a good deal. There are some interesting coins out there, and prices are generally quite reasonable on them. I have a half dozen or so. This one is a Swedish 50 Ore (about the size of a quarter), and is graded 66PL.

Nice shot!

+1 :thumbsup: