• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade 1888 Morgan

12 posts in this topic

It's hard to say given that all we have is a photograph, and the coin is deeply toned on the obverse. I'm going to say MS-61. The finger print on the obverse annoys me, but I think the weakness on the Eagle's breast feathers is mainly due to the strike. The flat spot above Ms. Liberty's ear is a clue to that .

Got this last night from a buddy. Traded him some trees for this. seems to be a good trade to me! GTG !

1535oqr.jpg

2r2an42.jpg

What does this mean? You traded timber for this coin?

I would call it MS63.

I got the impression that it was less like "timber" type trees and more like the herbal "medicinal" type trees... could be wrong though. .. regardless though I can't imagine it not being a great trade. ..

I like the coin.

However I am just dying to know about the trees lol. A few years ago I gave away almost 100 bare root metasequoias mostly for a promotion at work. Ppl drove 30 miles to get a tree! No one bought anything though.