• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Native American set ...

71 posts in this topic

From the way he described the emal it sounds like it offers the Native american coin and currency set, and it also mentions other US Mint offering such as the silver proof set etc.

There are still good people in the world...thanks Dave...

Moneyhoney,

In 1994, when my Mom was 73, I bought my first desktop computer. From time to time, I would order art supplies online for her. Once, I offered to show Mom how to use the computer so she could do it herself and she replied, "No thanks! I've been an artist for more than 60 years and I'm still learning. I don't think I have enough time to learn something else."

Chris

Yes. I took courses in computer at college but it was more centered on class assignments within the curriculum. Unfortunately nothing about scanning and using photobucket, etc. For example we had to save information, we had to use blackboard, we had to use Word, excel, how to make slides and things of that nature for classes. With photo bucket, from the thumbnail and I use the editor to resize, etc. and nothing changes, it seems to me it should change in the editor window so I can see it, but it doesn't. I gave it up and I use paint.net.

It's just that I couldn't get it to work. I could use the computer but I don't mess with cell phones, ipad, etc. I tried to keep with the newest technologies but I just got tired and said "what the heck, I don't need all this stuff"...so I gave it up!! We have to do something to keep our minds going and challenging and I enjoy some of it....

Good to know your mom still paints...good for the mind..

Condi, I don't know I just subscribed because it sounds interesting...and with the outlook on the economy for next year, all the economists are talking about silver and gold...so I posted the info in this forum. I didn't realize I was going to get negative comments....

Actually, I disagree - I don't think moneyhoney is a troll.

I've been following (and replying) to her posts since she started posting here. To me, she seems to be exactly what she says she is: an older woman who doesn't have very much technical expertise and who is rather confused about coin collecting.

When she arrived here, she said she was interested in selling off some inherited coins that her father had accumulated during his years as a storekeeper. I presume that either he, or someone else, told her that the coins were valuable, but she had no idea why.

She received a lot of advice about how to sell her coins, but, I think that except for the very obvious (like how to sell silver coins), most of the advice just confused her.

And then she got distracted and thought she might be interested in collecting coins - but wasn't able to explain what coins she was interested in collecting or why she was interested.

I think this is a case of misunderstanding all around.

If she is real, she is confusing me greatly

Man....I haven't been here in awhile and thought I would come and see the discussion on this C & C set and wow!

A poster asks for ideas about buying the set and he/she gets abused by those who are clueless as to what the set actually contains.

BTW.....this set has a unique Enhanced Uncirculated SAC (1st of its kind) and a mintage of only 50k...it will be sold out in a couple of weeks (if that)

Yup, not gold or silver....but a low cost set with decent potential

Note to OP....buy yourself a set or two

Man....I haven't been here in awhile and thought I would come and see the discussion on this C & C set and wow!

A poster asks for ideas about buying the set and he/she gets abused by those who are clueless as to what the set actually contains.

BTW.....this set has a unique Enhanced Uncirculated SAC (1st of its kind) and a mintage of only 50k...it will be sold out in a couple of weeks (if that)

Yup, not gold or silver....but a low cost set with decent potential

Note to OP....buy yourself a set or two

If you read all of her threads, you might understand.

Chris

Moneyhoney.

I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but you haven't made it easy for anyone to help you. Your questions have been all over the "numismatic map" without taking the time to fully understand any of the previous responses.

It's one thing to have a (small) number of differing opinions on one subject, but when you start thread after thread after thread in the course of a few days, you're going to compound those differences of opinion tenfold. Obviously, it is going to confuse you, but that is no reason to blame the people who have sincerely tried to help you.

Chris

Postscript: I composed this post to respond to Moneyhoney's last post, but apparently it has been deleted. At least, that is the message I received.

I guess I was going too fast too soon. I just didn't understand why you guys got so harsh. I didn't understand it at all. From the way you guys were talking...sound like big time guys. I got a lot of help but I guess I just was asking too much many questions at one time. I was really surprised at the attitude...seems like I got accused of doing something I didn't do...I still don't understand why the criticism....I delete my posts because I don't want the criticism....all the accusations, and I didn't understand why..

Moneyhoney, if you would take the time to answer some of the questions here you may get a better response. I think you need to have a little thicker skin.

I still don't have any idea what you are trying to accomplish.

As for deleting posts, that seems kinda childish because now you may have lost some valuable information that would have guided you along the way.

For example, I have spent many thousands of dollars in the 2 yrs or so I have been collecting, yet I still cant take a photo to save my life and I still don't have coins with the eye appeal of these

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8196661&Main=362213#Post8196661

Do I get mad? No, it just gives me motivation to find gems like them. You need to slow down, figure out what you have, what you want and go from there

We are all here to help though it may not seem like it at first glance from some posts, but I think that comes from the frustration of some members who are trying to help you and it seems like you are not heeding their advice.

Chris, what is it to understand about my posts? I don't understand your comment...I posted that from the mint because I thought it was interesting...sigh..

I'm not suggesting that the other members don't understand. I'm suggesting that YOU don't understand. Instead you move on to a different subject without the benefit of having learned anything from the previous subject.

Chris

Hope she did not take the advise from some "experts" who said she would be disappointed or put on a looser list or the sets are not a good deal... If she did take some advice given and not buy looks like she is out of luck, SOLD OUT now, just as boucharda predicted.

That's why I NEVER take advice on what is good or not, if I like it I buy it. I liked it I bought one and was lucky to get that I guess...

Hope she did not take the advise from some "experts" who said she would be disappointed or put on a looser list or the sets are not a good deal... If she did take some advice given and not buy looks like she is out of luck, SOLD OUT now, just as boucharda predicted.

That's why I NEVER take advice on what is good or not, if I like it I buy it. I liked it I bought one and was lucky to get that I guess...

Not officially sold out yet...."currently out of stock" ...there is a link to be notified when, and if, there have more ready for shipment. Might be worth a try...

According to this email I received they are sold out....

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:07 PM

To:

Subject: NGC and PMG offer special pedigrees for Coin and Currency Set

NGC and PMG offer special pedigrees for 2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set

The US Mint has sold out of the 2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set! The set includes the first-ever Enhanced Finish Sacagawea Dollar as well as a Series 2013 $1 Federal Reserve Note.

Submit your sets to NGC and PMG to receive the special “COIN AND CURRENCY SET” pedigree. The Enhanced Finish 2014-D Sacagawea Dollar will be eligible for NGC’s Early Releases® and First Releases® designations.

2014 Coin & Currency Set

According to this email I received they are sold out..

Yes, but that was not from the Mint but from NGC that two days ago still said that they were not ER eligible.

Things change I guess...

.I would hazard a guess that "currently out of stock" means just that.

Would it make sense to put a "notify me" button on the site if they are supposedly sold out???????. Captain Obvious at work here....

I have always wondered if you could 'corner the market' on these mint commemorative sets with a 'key' to a series.

Like the 1998-S Kennedy matte finish, 1994-P Jefferson matte finish, 1997-P Jefferson matte finish,.... that only came in mint special sets that were limited in total production.

Boucharda,

I don't understand the comment "corner the Market". What does it mean? I apologize for my ignorance.

This is just an example. Say there's 50,000 sets. If someone purchased a large portion of them, say 20,000, They would be trying to corner the market. Basically, making them harder to obtain, and causing the price to go up.

This set becomes available on November 20th from the Mint. If I purchase the set, it would be a first for me. What I really don't know is, if it's worth it...I don't know if it's silver set or not, I am sure it isn't gold. Any advice on buying set? For those who want to know if I did research, no I didn't. There are just some things that are better answered by those with "hands on experience" in buying sets

Thank you

It definitely will not be a silver coin so you can forget that aspect.

At $13.95, I would not put it real high on a want list nor a list where I thought that values might seriously escalate.

I actually think I'd put it on my "Loser List" of products to avoid.

The Kennedy Set called The 2014 Coin Discovery Set might have some possibilities though. By that, I mean it would not be the 1st time that someone seriously screwed up and put a Kennedy which was not intended to go into the set...........in the Set.

In 2012, some of the Birth Year Sets contained 2012 90% Silver Kennedy Proofs which turned into a windfall for some.

Edited to add: After reading the thread I can see that there was no mention that the online edition of Coin World made this announcement today.

22014Products11-20-2014.jpg

Man If I would only read the fine print!