• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you Veterans!! Dressed up!!

33 posts in this topic

I'd like to kick this off tonight as I won't get a chance to early tomorrow. First off, I'd like to thank all the veterans for their service and all who are still active today. So those of you that have a picture in uniform, I thought it would be cool to show it and the date.

Here's me 1977 Fulda, Germany. Artillery Cavalry.

bobbysarmypicturealone1_zpsaa6f37f0.jpg

I never got past PFC. I kept getting busted. However, I did finally get a promotion they couldn't take away..........Civilian!

Thanks for your service, Bobby.

Chris

" Happy Veterans Day" to all my fellow vets and friends!

USN: 1970-74.

Happy Veterans Day fellow vets and friends

USA 1969-1971

1735280-Picture.jpg

5th Group? Can't see the Flash colors; re-assigned from the 10th?

That is no Candy Striper Beret.

69-71- Firebase Betty, or C-503rd-101st Indian Country assigned?

This was me, circa 1989. Machinist Mate First Class (E-6) aboard the USS Enterprise, 1 plant Reactor Mechanic.

The hair has since turned grey!

NFCcfuo.png

151022.jpg.6587375cb459cab8d51affaf3286cce6.jpg

151023.jpg.4884e69100a0626b412ca5807f9db061.jpg

151024.jpg.19c1ff11ba63e2e83841eda4a975d604.jpg

Thanks for posting those Chris. Since I saw... and coveted your silver medallion, I've since added 2 silver, three bronze and two of the SCD's.

It was several years before I acquired the bronze "twin" to my silver medal. They are each housed in an NGC oversized slab graded MS67.

Chris

Me.jpg

2009 or 2010 in Northern Iraq

Your photo gave me cause to think back about my time in the service (1969-1971). I don't recall ever seeing any bald guys. :hi:

Thank you for your service!

Chris

Ranger! Awesome.

Actually, only Ranger qualified. I never served in a Ranger regiment. There's a difference.

Well said! What they say today is there is the school and there is the life. Still, an amazing accomplishment to make it through a very elite course! (thumbs u

Ranger! Awesome.
Actually, only Ranger qualified. I never served in a Ranger regiment. There's a difference.
Well said! What they say today is there is the school and there is the life. Still, an amazing accomplishment to make it through a very elite course! (thumbs u
Agreed. I know my dad went through it as well and he was one tough cat. He never served as a Ranger but made it through the training.

Me.jpg

2009 or 2010 in Northern Iraq

I notice you have a weapon in your hands for use against the enemy........and 2 on your left sleeve for use against your troops.......haha.........Sir

BTW.....My retirement date is 2DEC2014

Thanks for all your service Brothers

Guideon bearer 6th Ranger class, FT Benning,1975.

Ranger6-75.jpg

My gear weighed more than I did.

That's no longer true. lol

Wouldn't be true today, you have no idea how much gear a Light Infantryman has to carry today.

Same to you and congrats on your retirement. I am looking at mine as well, closing in on 22 years myself and ready to hang it up.

Same to you and congrats on your retirement. I am looking at mine as well, closing in on 22 years myself and ready to hang it up.

My step-son just got promoted to sargeant and re-enlisted for his second term. He's in afganistan right now but hopes to come to fort polk around feb.

I'm always late to the party. :)

Me standing topside watch (standing on top of missile tubes) On the USS George Washington Carver SSBN656 (Gold Crew) (It's a fleet ballistic missile submarine for the uninitiated).

We pulled into Wilhelmshaven Germany in late 1978 when this pic was taken. An interesting side note is that my son is now also in Submarines following in my foot steps and getting thrown out of bars all over the world.

Cheers

Jim

151117.jpg.472caa53ed1e5433d19e664e0d403121.jpg