• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I miss something??

22 posts in this topic

That's quite a bit over the PCGS guide at $700.

Sure is, Bobby. A much nicer OGH 65 37-D with a better strike and more original sold 2 years ago for $585. The new owner cracked it out and PCGS called it a 66 the second time. Even as a 66 he only got about 1000 bucks for it when he flipped it!

My first thought is that the buyer was speculating on an upgrade, but the coin sold for MS67 money (two grades higher). That's far too risky in my opinion, especially based on those images.

If that's the case then he is crazy. That coin would never grade 67 IMHO.

Ebay has a few 67's at bins at about the same price paid for this one. The CAC'd ones run between $7,000-8,000. I think it would have been a better gamble to buy a graded 67 and try for a CAC sticker than to buy a 65, hope to upgrade to 67, then try to CAC. :makepoint:

My first thought is that the buyer was speculating on an upgrade, but the coin sold for MS67 money (two grades higher). That's far too risky in my opinion, especially based on those images.

If that's the case then he is crazy. That coin would never grade 67 IMHO.

I didn't think so either, but what else could have driven the bidding that high?

Ebay has a few 67's at bins at about the same price paid for this one. The CAC'd ones run between $7,000-8,000. I think it would have been a better gamble to buy a graded 67 and try for a CAC sticker than to buy a 65, hope to upgrade to 67, then try to CAC. :makepoint:

I agree, but am surprised on the prices on the CAC coins. I hadn't noticed that large of a spread on this series. Are those BIN listings or actual transactions?

I agree, but am surprised on the prices on the CAC coins. I hadn't noticed that large of a spread on this series. Are those BIN listings or actual transactions?

Bins

The underbidder's bids seem very strange.

Who bids even numbers?

More than likely just going in increments and being outbid each time by another's maximum bid. Probably just seeing where it was going before he gave up.

The underbidder's bids seem very strange.

Who bids even numbers?

More than likely just going in increments and being outbid each time by another's maximum bid. Probably just seeing where it was going before he gave up.

The under-bidder sure went nuclear before he gave up. hm

So the winner put in a bid of 4011 bucks 3 days before the auction was over? ( while the price was only 300 bucks) Am I reading that right? That does not make sense

You are correct and who knows what his MAX might have been?? :screwy: