• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What gives?

107 posts in this topic

I Dont know what and what won't grade these days! I Dont understand why PCGS wont grade this blatantly natural toned Washington quarter. Maybe I should just give up trying with the grading services_31_zpsf89f46d4.jpg

_33_zps9f98cea9.jpg

Oh dont give up so easy....

If the grade doesnt fit you MUST resubmit !

This is in a PCGS MS67 holder.... have faith !

T2e_C16_NHJHIE9nyse_GEYBP7yrw_BVTg_60_57.jpg

It reminds me of a flag you would see on a ship...

blue_39084_640.png

I don't know if you are being serious or not with this thread, so please excuse me if Im out of line here but I don't see anything "obvious" about the proof quarter you show here....

If you are being serious, and it is "obviously NT" to you, or anyone else who has the eye for a modern clad proof like that, than as Toner guy says..... YOU MUST RESUBMIT!!! That's what I would do anyways....

Wow Tonerguy.... that silver eagle!!!!! If that is "naturally toned" than I am missing something.

Looks to me like it is very obviously "enhanced", and that it would be easy to replicate...

I Dont know what and what won't grade these days! I Dont understand why PCGS wont grade this blatantly natural toned Washington quarter. Maybe I should just give up trying with the grading services_31_zpsf89f46d4.jpg

_33_zps9f98cea9.jpg

i love the toning on the reverse there.

It doesn't matter whether it is "obviously" an AT or NT. As we all should know by now all that matters is if it is "MA" to the TPGs. According to Toner Guy he feels PCGS is more liberal in this regard and NGC a bit tougher.

The fact remains all of these types of coins are worth SOMETHING. Each person can decide what (if anything) they want to pay. Beyond that the AT vs NT is just one's own opinion...and that's fine.

As to the OP quarter: that looks like what I used to call "cellophane" toning. I'd guess it was "real" in the standard way of defining that...whatever that is. lol

jom

I think they bounced it because of the spots in the toning. I'm no authority though.

I'd say playing the resubmission game would prove costly and fruitless. This is the kind of coin you show Mark Salsburg when he grades at a major show in your area. If he likes it he'll assign a grade to "guide" the grading room and initial the sticker so they know.

I think they bounced it because of the spots in the toning. I'm no authority though.

I'd say playing the resubmission game would prove costly and fruitless. This is the kind of coin you show Mark Salsburg when he grades at a major show in your area. If he likes it he'll assign a grade to "guide" the grading room and initial the sticker so they know.

Have you seen Mark Salzberg do that?

Sharp crowd here! You guys had me pinned from the get go! Or maybe just maybe even a 7 year old can tell the toning is ridiculous! lol ! Bravo by the powers that be ATS!

_323_zps44e9eaaa.jpg

Have you seen Mark Salzberg do that?

Mark Salzberg is stickering coins now?! Who'd uh thunk it? It does seem to be the trend these days though....

:baiting:

jom

Personally, I think that the graders do not have any "experience" with clad toned moderns. As such, they'll AT 6 and NT 6.

To me, the coin looks nice and natural.

I don't get you freak, or maybe I do.......

This time it's a bait and switch.

Before that it was an attempt to steal a coin that had already been won by offering an " after auction bid"

Before that it was a failure to complete the Kennedy Half dollar transaction we had.

Grow up!!!!

Before that it was an attempt to steal a coin that had already been won by offering an " after auction bid"

Before that it was a failure to complete the Kennedy Half dollar transaction we had.

Grow up!!!!

Are you pouting? The Kennedy is AT just like this coin. I won't sell AT coins! Sorry! I paid a stiff price for this coin to keep it out of less honest peoples hands!

Grow up!!!!

Are you pouting? The Kennedy is AT just like this coin. I won't sell AT coins! Sorry! I paid a stiff price for this coin to keep it out of less honest peoples hands!

Was this icon made for you? :ohnoez: Why did you offer the AT coin for sale then?!!! You made no mention of AT when you were selling it! (shrug)

Please respond to the other two situations as I'm ready to activate the 3rd strike block on you.

Grow up!!!!

I don't know about you but I'm rather confused by this thread. It must be my aging process.... :preach:

jom

Grow up!!!!

Was this icon made for you? :ohnoez: Why did you offer the AT coin for sale then?!!! You made no mention of AT when you were selling it! (shrug)

Please respond to the other two situations as I'm ready to activate the 3rd strike block on you.

Please don't block me! Idk what I'd do if you did!

To Answer your other questions... I wanted to steal that coin because I'm a thief! And I bait and switch because I'm a liar! If you can't see the rhyme or reason I'm sorry I'm not sorry!

Grow up!!!!

I don't know about you but I'm rather confused by this thread. It must be my aging process.... :preach:

jom

It saddends me that coins like this get in a holder! It has no place in a graded holder! I'm tired of stock holders, and large corps keeping a certain company in the lime light! The corruption, grading , and ridiculous power trip need to come to an end! If I posted it and said gee this shouldn't be in a holder most here would have just agreed with PCGS! You guys know why Stone don't post ATS anymore? Because he voiced how low PCGS grading standards have dipped! I routinely bust NGC coin that upgrade over there! Graded coins right now are horrible values IMO and I can't wait until the day people start collecting again!

Grow up!!!!

Please don't block me! Idk what I'd do if you did!

To Answer your other questions... I wanted to steal that coin because I'm a thief! And I bait and switch because I'm a liar! If you can't see the rhyme or reason I'm sorry I'm not sorry!

Ok thief/liar - I'm done with your nonsense.

Parting question - why did you offer the AT coin for sale if - "you don't sell AT coins"?

What AT coin? The Franklin I sold to Kenny? Because I know its in safe hands! The Kennedy? Because at the time I didn't realize it was AT! They grade just fine! Just bought another from him! The Larsons in Salt Lake City! They make some great colors on their coins at stellar prices!

What AT coin? The Franklin I sold to Kenny? Because I know its in safe hands! The Kennedy? Because at the time I didn't realize it was AT! They grade just fine! Just bought another from him! The Larsons in Salt Lake City! They make some great colors on their coins at stellar prices!

Where does the Franklin to Kenny come into this (shrug)

I'm very happy with your recent ability (within two days) to distinguish AT from NT. You were certain it wasn't AT I guess- when you offered it for sale, then two days later it suddenly was AT? Not to mention you failure to respond with any of the PMs that followed.

There are way too many good people here, for me to ever have to deal with you :makepoint:

Goodbye FREAK!

I'm very happy with your recent ability (within the last few months) to distinguish AT from NT.

There are way too many good people here, for me to ever have to deal with you :makepoint:

Goodbye FREAK!

Relax my friend! They made a quarter billion other 1964 Kennedys that year! :applause:

I'm very happy with your recent ability (within the last few months) to distinguish AT from NT.

Goodbye FREAK!

Relax my friend! They made a quarter billion other 1964 Kennedys that year!

:applause:

I'm not your friend.

Actually I've come to dislike you.

The amount of coins made has nothing to do with your inability to complete our transaction in a professional manner.

Goodbye FREAK!

Relax my friend! They made a quarter billion other 1964 Kennedys that year!

:applause:

I'm not your friend.

Actually I've come to dislike you.

The amount of coins made has nothing to do with your inability to complete our transaction in a professional manner.

Right.... My point is you been bombarding my threads now for well over 6 months over a Kennedy that I won't sell to you.... Never asked for a single penny from you for the coin. I simply removed the coin after you ask for it.. So my advice is to either

A.) Get over it and pursue one of the other quarter billion made

Or

B.) Continue to cry about it :-)

Sincerely

Your friend in coins

Dimefreak :-)