• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Hey please check these scores" Thread

283 posts in this topic

3CN's both proof and mint.

Many very rare one here that if you had these numbers on other coin series they would be getting a LOT more points.

One example is a 1872 2cent in AU with a mintage of 65,000 gets more points then the 1884 3CN in the same grade and only has a mintage of 1,700. Another example would be 1932d washington quarter that had over 400,000 minted points are about the same as the 1884 3cn in AU

1884 3CN Census total of only 20 in all grades, AU+ 13

1872 2c Census total of 115 in all grades, AU+ 86

1932d 25c Census total of 1960 in all grades, AU+ 1486

I requested the above score correction almost a month ago. I also used the link on the coins page too.

Normally I will get a reply one way or the other in a few days but have not heard anything.

Does anyone know how long this can take?

Why are the scores on the Lincoln PR VDB's so low. The combined total of BN, RB and Red VDB's graded by NGC is only 49. In comparison there are close to 200 1912's. A 1909 VDB in 64BN should not be over 700 points less than a 1912 65RB. Even a 1909 VDB 65RB is only 300 points more than a 1912 65RB. If points were converted to dollars, there is no way you would be able to get a 1909 VDB in 65RB for 1912 money. More likely you could buy 30-40 1912's with VDB money. Those points most definitely need to be adjusted.

I have a 1809 9/6 half cent graded AU58 with a point total of 1066. There are 138 of the 1809 9/6 in NGC Census.

I also have a 1809 0/0 half cent graded AU55 with a point total of 847. There are only 6 in NGC Census. Of the six the highest graded is AU58!!! This is a very rare date and gets absolutely no credit for being so. Please review this for me and reconsider the the point status of the 1809 0/0. Thanks for your consideration and please contact me on the final review.

Too funny, however I have never noticed this thread..I have emailed and filled out the "score change request" link 3 times combined and gotten not even a computerized reply..

Hopefully I will fair better trying this link....

Dear NGC, would you please consider raising the scores on the.....( as per the thread guidelines..)

3. A. it is a date set/series

B. Mercury Dime Short Set 1941-1945...specifically the 1945 P, D, & S *star values...

C. Fair Market Value: this is hard to determine since the * designation can be subjective depending upon a persons tastes...however I paid over $400 for the 1945P MS67 * coin alone ( I did this so that I would have--most likely--the only collection of complete 1945 P* D* and S*)...

D. my reasoning/rationale is that Mercury dime * coins are quite elusive...in fact, the 1945 3 coin combo in MS67* gets less than a 50% point bonus...however by comparison the 1946 PDS Rosie MS67* coins get up to a 300% bonus !!..To top it off, the 1945 MS67* coins are far rarer and more elusive...

Comparison...1946P MS67* Rosie.. jumps from 437 in 67 to 1045 in 67* ( and it is multiples more common than the..)

1945P Mercury MS67*..moves from 237 to 336 ( total pop of 2 with 2 >)..

Your consideration and time are appreciated..and please reply even if it is NO..so that I'll at least know that you have heard my thoughts...thank you, Jackson

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=165

Too funny, however I have never noticed this thread..I have emailed and filled out the "score change request" link 3 times combined and gotten not even a computerized reply..

Unfortunately, you may as well be writing a letter to yourself. I don't think anyone is monitoring this forum and if they are, they certainly aren't giving any feedback or performing any other satisfactory actions.

Hey, could y'all fix the scores for prooflike Franklins? There are a total of 15 known (of all dates), and yet my 1949S NGC MS-64 PL only gets 459 points. I think that is way too low.

Thanks!

Please include 1928-1936 Half V Half Crowns in the George V set? Also, none of the George VI Crowns are included in the British Crown Type Set. They were not common but they did circulate.

Thank you,

OT3

I did fill out the Score Correction Form. Wanted to post my coin score update here also.

3) Please ALWAYS provide the following:

---a) Whether this relates to a TYPE SET score or a DATE SET score

Type Set

---b) The specific SET, SLOT and COIN where you noted the issue

Type Sets/USA Type Sets, 1792-1964, LeeG's Type Set (#87), Ic INDIAN HEAD, BRONZE 1864-1909. This concerns my 1897 PR64 BN Cameo example.

---c) a LINK/URL to the score details for that slot

Score Details

---d) The relevant scores and market values (to your knowledge) of the coins

Current Score is only 366 points which is the same as a non cameo BN example.

---e) Any general comments you have about why you think this scoring needs to be changed and to WHAT it needs to be changed. This can take the form of either merely a comment on the underlying market values, OR a specific suggestion for the final score.

This is a POP 1/0 coin with only five total cameo's for the year across all grades and color designations. Cameo's for the series are rare and should be given the appropriate scores that their rarity deserves. What that number is, I'm not expert enough to quantify.

Thank You for your consideration. :)

I am posting this request here because it is more of a general question about specifically cents, nickels and dimes with branch mint (i.e. 1923-S Buffs) dates in the 1920's. Many of these coins are relatively expensive in grades above VF25 but only get scores of three (3) points in the registry. I realize that this is probably low priority and has been this way from day one but you might consider raising these scores to reflect the reality of these coins being relatively expensive for some issues of branch mint coins from this era.

Thank you NGC for changing the grades on many scarcer issues from the 1920's in grades less the AU. Many of we collectors appreciate the score increase on coins that are certainly worth more than 3 points for coins from these pre and depression years.

The Registry set under US, Lincoln Cents 1959-date proofs, I noticed that the 1978-S, 1979-S type 1, 1980-S, 1981-S type 1, & 1982-S cents all score 3 points in PF69RD Ultra Cameo - which is the top grade (none better). I know, there are several hundred of each in this grade, but they still should score more than 3 points in the top grade.

Dear NGC, would you please consider raising the scores on the.....( as per the thread guidelines..)

B. Mercury Dime Short Set 1941-1945...specifically the 1945 P, D, & S *star values...

C. Fair Market Value: this is hard to determine since the * designation can be subjective depending upon a persons tastes...however I paid over $400 for the 1945P MS67 * coin alone ( I did this so that I would have--most likely--the only collection of complete 1945 P* D* and S*)...

D. my reasoning/rationale is that Mercury dime * coins are quite elusive...in fact, the 1945 3 coin combo in MS67* gets less than a 50% point bonus...however by comparison the 1946 PDS Rosie MS67* coins get up to a 300% bonus !!..To top it off, the 1945 MS67* coins are far rarer and more elusive...

Comparison...1946P MS67* Rosie.. jumps from 437 in 67 to 1045 in 67* ( and it is multiples more common than the..)

Your consideration and time are appreciated..and please reply even if it is NO..so that I'll at least know that you have heard my thoughts...thank you, Jackson

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=165

Over 2 years later and the silence is deafening...... :frustrated:

Hi Jackson64,

I do apologize that you have had to fill out a score correction form three times without a reply. We at NGC do our very best to always reply promptly to all of our e-mails, questions, and concerns that our members send us. We will review your request for the score change of the 1945 P, D, and S coin in the Mercury Dime Short Set 1941-1945 and make any appropriate updates. I will e-mail you with any changes as soon as they are made. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to either message me on here or directly to my e-mail at jgarcia@ngccoin.com.

Hi Jackson64,

I have reviewed the scores in the "Mercury Dimes, 1941-1945, Circulation Issue" set and updated the scores for the 1945 P, D, and S. If you have any further questions or concerns you can message me on here or send me an e-mail at jgarcia@ngccoin.com.

Would you please consider updating the scopes of the 1879-P Double Eagle. In MS grades they are very scarce and only receive 1450 points for an MS60 coin that is selling for $2500. They are a lot scarcer in MS grades than they are crdedited for. All of the 1879 gold is pretty low mintage with less then 150 certified coins over MS60 and hard to find. Thank you for your consideration.

Hey NGC, would you please check the set listed as #1 on the 20th Anniversary American Eagle sets. The PCGS coins are scored higher than NGC coins, plus the same coin is listed for two different positions.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/Coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=122561

Something is way wrong here....

MM

I don't know whether NGC is working on this or not but it is incomplete. The point values for the 1943-P DDO were changed on 11/7/2011. This is a welcome change and long overdue since the 1943-P DDO is one of the most important varieties of the entire Jefferson Nickel series. However, the 1943-P DDO 5FS & 6FS are much more rare and the scores have not yet been changed. Can we expect to see revised point values for the full step 1943-P DDO in the near future?

Screenshot2012-01-13at100451PM.png

Jefferson Nickels Coin Score: 1943-P

The population of the 1943-P DDO MS67 5FS is 3/0. IMO, the score should be equal to or greater than that of the 1943/2-P MS67 5FS which is 2585.

Okay, now that the DDO scores have been upgraded please move the non DDo 1943-P 5FS and 6FS scores back to where they were. I appreciate the higher score, but this makes my nickel score look way skewed and I have nothing in there to merit the higher score.

Thanks.

I don't know whether NGC is working on this or not but it is incomplete. The point values for the 1943-P DDO were changed on 11/7/2011. This is a welcome change and long overdue since the 1943-P DDO is one of the most important varieties of the entire Jefferson Nickel series. However, the 1943-P DDO 5FS & 6FS are much more rare and the scores have not yet been changed. Can we expect to see revised point values for the full step 1943-P DDO in the near future?

Jefferson Nickels Coin Score: 1943-P

The population of the 1943-P DDO MS67 5FS is 3/0. IMO, the score should be equal to or greater than that of the 1943/2-P MS67 5FS which is 2585.

What in the world did you guys do? I only asked that the point values for the full step DDO be changed. NGC changed the values for both the DDO and the standard issue full step 1943-P. That is a mistake that needs to be rectified.

Furthermore, the point value difference between a 1943-P DDO and a 1943-P DDO 5FS can't be less than 100 points. It should be at least 1.5X the value if not double.

We went from this

to this

Screenshot2012-01-20at21812AM.png

At this point, NGC deserves a COME ON MAN!

Ya know, I am unemployed. Do you guys need help with the registry point values?

SMS coins (satin 2005-2010) in 10c clad Roosevelt circulation sets are overvalued. For example ...

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=29507

My set has benefited from the high point values ... but the biz strike coins deserve to be weighted equally or more strongly than the satin issue.

Thanks!

For the Silver 10 Cents, Elizabeth II, 1953-1967, Prooflike Issue set the 1956 coins in PL65 are worth more points than the PL66. Is this deliberate or was this an error?

Thank you for pointing out the error in the scores for the 1956 10C. I have corrected the scores in the Silver 10C, Elizabeth II, 1953-1967, Prooflike set. Please click on the link below to review.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=25973

Best Regards,

Kathy

I was looking at the registry points today, I have a 1944 MS 66RD, its value is twice that of the same coin in RB bit is only worth 1/6th the points! is this correct?

I probably should find a post by Dave Lang to request this information, sorry to bother you with it. I don't have an issue with any particular coin score. I'd just like to be referenced to a location that explains how scores are determined. I see that the coin value doesn't necessarily deterrmine the score.

Steve

steve49er@prodigy.net