• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Hey please check these scores" Thread

283 posts in this topic

Hi,

Please adjust the scores for the 1927 D Peace Dollar VAM listings in MS65. This appears in both the Peace VAM set as well as the Dollar Type set. The non-VAM score is 3009, while the VAM score is 1450. Thanks,

Barry

makepoint.gifI found that the score for a 1963 cent in MS67 is only 237 (with only 5 existing). I have a 1963 MS67 Dime in the same set that scores 437 (with 218 existing). Also, a 1963-D Half Dollar in MS66 FBL has a population of 16 (more than three times the population of the penny) and a score of 1928 which seems right to me.

Why is the score for the 1963 MS67 cent so low? Especially considering the population and value.

1535716-1963NGC01cMS67RD-TAG.jpg.04a87fc43b45431320eb34c68aefc022.jpg

No, not yet. But I'm working on it almost as hard as you are.

Just for the record, here it is one more time:

I found that the score for a 1963 cent in MS67 is only 237 (with only 5 existing). I have a 1963 MS67 Dime in the same set that scores 437 (with 218 existing). Also, a 1963-D Half Dollar in MS66 FBL has a population of 16 (more than three times the population of the penny) and a score of 1928 which seems right to me.

Why is the score for the 1963 MS67 cent so low? Especially considering the population and value. yeahok.gif

My friend has a (the only one I believe) 2006-D Kennedy in MS65PL and it scores 0 points in the registry. The username is Ronday and the cert # is 1533479-010. Check it out Arch. Thanks!

2006-D Kennedy in MS65PL and it scores 0 points in the registry. The username is Ronday and the cert # is 1533479-010

---a) Whether this relates to a TYPE SET score or a DATE SET score :

MINT SET

---b) The specific SET, SLOT and COIN:

2006-D 50c MS65PL cert # is 1533479-010

---c) LINK/URL to the score details for that slot

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=27494

---d) The relevant scores and market values (to your knowledge) of the coins:

Anywhere from $125 - $350

---e) Any general comments you have about why you think this scoring needs to be changed and to WHAT it needs to be changed. This can take the form of either merely a comment on the underlying market values, OR a specific suggestion for the final score

Well, it is ZERO now so I think it warrants at least some score. I would say a score somewhere between 330 and 550 would be in line with other modern coins based on value. Based on rarity I would say about 990.

1963 Cent in MS67 and it scores 237 points in the registry. The username is "Leonard Family" and the cert # is 1531992-001

---a) Whether this relates to a TYPE SET score or a DATE SET score:

MINT SET 1963

---b) The specific SET, SLOT and COIN:

Mint Sets 1934-1964, 1963, 1C 1963, 1531992-001

---c) LINK/URL to the score details for that slot

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=287

---d) The relevant scores and market values (to your knowledge) of the coins:

The current score is 237, but at $2500 value, and only 5 existing in NGC, it should be ALOT higher.

---e) Any general comments you have about why you think this scoring needs to be changed and to WHAT it needs to be changed. This can take the form of either merely a comment on the underlying market values, OR a specific suggestion for the final score:

I found that the score for a 1963 cent in MS67 is only 237 (with only 5 existing). I have a 1963 MS67 Dime in the same set that scores 437 (with 218 existing). Also, a 1963-D Half Dollar in MS66 FBL has a population of 16 (more than three times the population of the penny) and a score of 1928. I think the cent should score higher than the half considering the population, demand, and value.

Arch actually informed me that he was NOT the one in charge of making changes to scores, so I guess I've been wasting my time and everyone elses. I sincerely apologize for the fuss I've been making on this post. If anyone has any recommendations on who to contact for a score change, please let me know. Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

Please adjust the scores for the 1927 D Peace Dollar VAM listings in MS65. This appears in both the Peace VAM set as well as the Dollar Type set. The non-VAM score is 3009, while the VAM score is 1450. Thanks,

Barry

I just read the directions, so here are the details:

Please ALWAYS provide the following:

---a) Whether this relates to a TYPE SET score or a DATE SET score

Both

---b) The specific SET, SLOT and COIN where you noted the issue

1) Peace Silver Dollars 1921-1935 Top 50 VAMs

1927 D S$1 TOP-50 VAM-2 DDO MOTTO

2) 1927

1927 D S$1 TOP-50 VAM-2 DDO MOTTO

---c) a LINK/URL to the score details for that slot

1) http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/slot_score_detail.asp?SlotID=19443

2) http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/slot_score_detail.asp?SlotID=14293

---d) The relevant scores and market values (to your knowledge) of the coins

1) Should be at least 3009 for the MS65 (value of non-VAM coin); $4690 per Numismedia

2) Should be at least 3009 for the MS65 (value of non-VAM coin); $4690 per Numismedia

---e) Any general comments you have about why you think this scoring needs to be changed and to WHAT it needs to be changed. This can take the form of either merely a comment on the underlying market values, OR a specific suggestion for the final score

I don't think that the score for MS64, Type 3, Trimes should be lower than that for MS64, 1866 nickel w/rays. Nickel w/rays has about 40% more population than highest pop. (1862) T-3, Trime.

The presidential dollar "BU" coins need to be lowered from 81 to 59 to be in agreement with the score for an MS-60, rather than an MS-65.

Ok here is one. I collect Carson City Morgans.

Why is the 1890cc points less than the 1891cc.

A 1890cc ms64 costs 2x a 1891cc ms64 but the 1891cc points are higher. This seems odd.

I have waited awhile for these to be adjusted - these should have some major points added .. in my opinion

1 with only three finer

1 with only 6 finer

5C PF 68 NGC 3038159-010 59

4/28/2007

10C PF 68 NGC 1625649-077 24

4/28/2007

If you go to the Registry involved you will see an area to click on called "scores............. Click on that area and you will be given a list of coins in that Registry and the scores in each grade.

You will also see an area to click on for a change in scores and why.

If you go to the Registry involved you will see an area to click on called "scores............. Click on that area and you will be given a list of coins in that Registry and the scores in each grade.

You will also see an area to click on for a change in scores and why.

They dont always listen - Thats why this is here !

I am the one that campaigned for the inclusion of the Reverse Silver Eagle in the regular set, I had to mention it three times and give what I condidered valid reasons for its inclusion.

On the third attempt I received an EMail from NGC that it was being considered and put to a poll which was done and it is now included. The first time I was told that it was included as a slot in the Anniversary Register.

I wrote that this was a special situation as many people had purcased sets and opened them instead of sending them to NGC and thus had only one coin that could qualify for the black labet etc.

You say that they won't listen. I don't know what that means. Does it mean that they reply but you don't like the answer or does it mean they don't reply at all?

Are you planning on assigning a variety number to the 2008-W silver eagle and giving it a higher registry score enventually?

We will most likely wait until the relative rarity of Reverse of 2007 coins versus Reverse of 2008 coins has been established. NGC will report the newly discovered variety in the NGC Census.

Are you planning on assigning a variety number to the 2008-W silver eagle and giving it a higher registry score enventually?

According to the latest issue of Coin World the 2008 W already has a Mintage of 60% more than the total Mintage of the 2007 W.

Nevermind!

I checked the Registry and NGC has given it about 1200 Points in MS69. This is a no brainer for me. I checked all the scores and unless you are already in the #4 or #5 spot then 1200 points will not get you #1.

I finished the Eagles long ago and moved on to another type set.I have just kept it up to date. Only have the 2008 and 2008W in MS69. If somebody below me put the 2008 W Reverse of 07 in their Registry and passed menthen I would only have to purchase a 2008 W in MS70 at a fraction of the cost of a 2008 W reverse of 70 to regain my position. I just don't see the big deal.

Here is a good one that needs adjusting. In the clad roosevelt series, most if not all of the ms67 in FT for the 70's have such low pops that the points are over 500. The one exception is the 1979D. It has a population of 1/0 and only gets half of the points. The other populations are higher, but not much higher. Doesnt it seem that a pop one coin deserves more respect?

I think the points for the FBL Franklin halves are all out of line. For example, I just bought a 64FBL 1949S - a very rare coin with only ~80 graded. Yet it only gets 163 points, whereas the 1949D gets 620? Something is seriously out of line - I think the 1949D is overvalued, and the '49S undervalued. Again, the 1954S, which by most accounts is the second hardest to find FBL, is seriously undervalued. Less than 100 points for 64FBL? You've got to be kidding me, there are less than 30 certified! With ultra high grade moderns receiving so many points, it just seems kind of screwy to be giving these rare coins such low scores. I don't necessarily think all the scores should be raised, indeed, some are too high - but there should be a better balance which reflects the actual scarcity of these coins.