• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Same coin, 3 months apart (ebay): what a difference!

10 posts in this topic

Good pictures really help a lot. Shanes pictures have the ability to "hide" a lot of the chatter that some coins have. When I post coins every subtle contact mark looks like an axe wound and people shy away.

I need photography classes from him.

Good eye and nice pickup and flip.

I understand that pics are everything when selling on Ebay, and other online (especially auction) type settings.... but in this particular case, I think there was more to it than just the pics (although Shanes are superb)... Basically what I am saying, is that Shane is an absolute beast!!! I too have consigned a few coins with him as of late, and I am astonished at the prices some of these coins have brought. several of them brought multiples of what they would have brought had I sold them via no reserve, .99 start auctions like he did.... I believe this is more to do with the actual seller, his reputation, and the faithful following he has built over the many years he has been doing what he does than anything else. just my opinion.

I also just want to point out, (while Im basically telling everyone how amazing I think Shane is..) that I have never ever met or come across anybody in this business who is as professional, and organized, as I think Shane is... I have nothing but great things to say about Shane, AKA Kryptonitecomics!!! .... lol.

Nice flip yonico...

The second auction has an absolutely astounding result. $155 for a MS66* Washington that's commonly available in MS67 for under $75? Amazing.

The second auction has an absolutely astounding result. $155 for a MS66* Washington that's commonly available in MS67 for under $75? Amazing.

Shane seems to have a pretty large/loyal following and his because of his reputation his auctions tend to garner a premium. Well done.

That coin was consigned to me so I had no clue what the purchase price was...looks like my consignor did very well lol

Thank you all for the kind words...I will surely try to continue to live up to the high expectations (worship)

Good pictures really help a lot. Shanes pictures have the ability to "hide" a lot of the chatter that some coins have. When I post coins every subtle contact mark looks like an axe wound and people shy away.

I need photography classes from him.

Good eye and nice pickup and flip.

Yeah, I guess. lol