• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1952 PDS Washingtons for the Dansco album.

12 posts in this topic

Here are the 1952 PDS Washingtons for my toner 1940 - 1964 Washington Dansco album. I've posted 2 P mint Washies as I'm not sure which one I'll use. One of the nice things about putting together this set is that most of the coins are fairly inexpensive, so I can buy multiple examples that catch my fancy. Of course, once you get multiple examples, then you get another Dansco album to put your backups in. :whistle: I like both P mints, they're just different. Any thoughts as to which one you prefer? The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

bc1952_rWA2o6th_zps597a0622.jpgbc1952_rWA2r2_zps786ef349.jpg

bc1952_rWA3o5_zps34ac8a3a.jpgbc1952_rWA3r3_zps7f23c039.jpg

bc1952D_rWAo3th_zps0723f508.jpgbc1952D_rWAr3_zps75d6b4d9.jpg

bc1952S_rWAo3_zps2fb959a7.jpgbc1952S_rWAr3_zpsf19d889c.jpg

Assuming the pictures accurately reflect how the coins appear in hand (and knowing Bob's pictures, that's an accurate assumption) - hands down, no questions asked, I'm surprised this is even a discussion, I prefer the second P mint coin. The first one is spotty, splotchy, has no outstanding color, has dull luster, and bores me to tears.

The second one has attractive rings of color, blazing luster, and is incredibly eye appealing. Given the choice between the two, the second one is the one I would choose - no second thoughts required.

No question the second "P" posted. Not only does it have better toning and color, but luster is off the charts.

+1 (thumbs u