• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That toned walker from 2 weeks ago.. w/ new pics

33 posts in this topic

first let me apologize for posting a new thread instead of updating the original one..

the other one had already 3 pages of comments and i didn't want to have to edit post after post and bump it up here to the first page..

After posting my bad-quality iPhone pics of the coin here, Brandon (aka brg5658) generously offered to not only image the coin for me for free, but also image 4 other coins for me as well! I was (and am) very thankful for his offer and quickly picked 4 other coins to ship to him (will be posted in a different thread when i get all the images). thank you Brandon!

the pics came out beautiful! Brandon did a spectacular job with the camera :golfclap:

i received a few different sets with different background colors and layouts, but i think the black background works best for this coin

I got a few PM's about this coin after my posting then, asking to see better pics when i have them, so there you go...

thanks for looking!

1946_WLHalf_PCGS_MS65_black_composite_label_zpsdadc1201.jpg

1946_WLHalf_PCGS_MS65_obv_black_750px_zpsa11e6b67.jpg

1946_WLHalf_PCGS_MS65_rev_black_750px_zpsd31a407a.jpg

Yonico, you're quite welcome. This coin is stunning in hand. Great amounts of booming luster, with a delicate but prominent crescent of toning on the obverse. The reverse is most prominently toned across the word "AMERICA." The coin is essentially mark free, and in the newest of PCGS holders (with the image-shifting DOW hologram). I don't have as much experience as some others here, but the toning looks completely Market Acceptable (natural) to my eye. Regardless, it has been deemed MA by PCGS, and I could see a heated bidding war taking this one if/when it were to come back up for sale.

Congrats Yonico on a very lovely coin!

-Brandon

Beautiful pictures. I am still in the AT camp, but it's a pretty coin nonetheless.

Perhaps but MA and it is pretty!!!

MJ

Beautiful pictures. I am still in the AT camp, but it's a pretty coin nonetheless.
thats my opinion as well and fwiw. jmo ( and yes it is a very nice coin as well :) )

Crack that darn thing out and get it in the right holder.... Selling at a profit to a buyer that knows what he is in for is one thing. But you auction it I'm very sure a dealer will win it and sell it as a real deal. Sad

Crack that darn thing out and get it in the right holder.... Selling at a profit to a buyer that knows what he is in for is one thing. But you auction it I'm very sure a dealer will win it and sell it as a real deal. Sad

-

What is that supposed to me -- "real deal"??? And, what's the "right" holder? PCGS graded this coin in the last couple months and deemed it MA. Are you suggesting it should be cracked and put into a "Questionable toning" holder by submitter's demand?

:screwy:

Having an opinion is one thing. Being sell-proclaimed-omniscient is something all together different. I have this coin currently in hand, and there is not a thing about it that makes me think it was toyed with to create the toning.

Sweet Walker (thumbs u

Good idea Dimefreak always one sour apple in the barrel. If you can't say anything nice about this coin then say nothing at all. :makepoint:

How am I a sour apple? I have inquired about purchasing the coin weeks ago however it was priced higher than I was willing to go. The coin has a lot if intrigue to it because its a great example of tpg's dropping the ball. It'd be a lot of fun to show at shows or coin clubs. But it doesn't strike me as natural at all....not even MA... Everybody has there own opinions. Some are based upon pics some are based upon experience with this niche market. Your more than welcome to express your own

What is that supposed to me -- "real deal"??? And, what's the "right" holder? PCGS graded this coin in the last couple months and deemed it MA. Are you suggesting it should be cracked and put into a "Questionable toning" holder by submitter's demand?

:screwy:

Having an opinion is one thing. Being sell-proclaimed-omniscient is something all together different. I have this coin currently in hand, and there is not a thing about it that makes me think it was toyed with to create the toning.

I said a real deal holder.... What makes you think I meant a questionable toning holder?

Think about it :)

just to be clear, i only said that IF i were to sell it, i would ask this and that much, and that someone is already on the line before you.. don't want to make it seem like i've turned his offer down then turned around and offered it to you at the same price.

also, i have absolutely no problem with your opinion about the coin being AT, the reason why I post any coin pics here is to hear comments and opinions on it. but the suggestion you make (if you were serious about it) is indeed ridiculous.

saying that in a straight grade holder it may "fool" buyers into buying a problem coin, and suggesting to put it into the "right" holder - i read it as Brandon did - as a suggestion to pay $50 in submission fees to try and get it into a "details" holder, and i think that is ridiculous and won't benefit anyone, really.

if and when I sell it, the buyer would get excellent pics, and a chance to look at the coin in hand and examine it for 7 days before he decides if he wants to keep it. Did I not send you a Morgan Dollar on approval without taking any payment at all up front, and then took it back after a month, no questions asked?

that's more than enough time for the buyer to determine if it MA for him or not. do I owe buyers anything beyond that? i don't think so.

And if they can't determine if the toning is MA or not without the words spelled out on the label for them - maybe they should not buy toned coins..

Hey yonico... By no means am I saying your attempting to defraud anybody! However I can easily fathom somebody purchasing the coin with those very intentions. Rainbow toned walkers are rare birds. Your asking price is chump change if in fact the coin had natural toning. I'd say 4 figures easy. So again, I trust your judgment and by no means feel you would rip somebody on the coin! However at the price you offered it at there is mondo money left on the table if I indeed wanted to go that route!

Hey yonico... By no means am I saying your attempting to defraud anybody! However I can easily fathom somebody purchasing the coin with those very intentions. Rainbow toned walkers are rare birds. Your asking price is chump change if in fact the coin had natural toning. I'd say 4 figures easy. So again, I trust your judgment and by no means feel you would rip somebody on the coin! However at the price you offered it at there is mondo money left on the table if I indeed wanted to go that route!

No, I understand..

I'm just sayin, if I sold an AT coin for $500 and a dealer sold it as a NT coin for $5,000 - I'd expect a buyer who spends $5,000 on a coin to know his $#!t and recognize the problem.. If he can't, then he shouldn't buy toned coins. If he can't, but he trusts labels blindly - then good, he gets what he paid for..

I just think that if the coin was reviewed by PCGS (and "passed") and then reviewed by the buyer (and again, "passed"), then I did my part and I don't have to do anything beyond that..

I can't seriously be expected to worry about what a dealer would do with the coin after he buys it from me....

Sweet Walker (thumbs u

Good idea Dimefreak always one sour apple in the barrel. If you can't say anything nice about this coin then say nothing at all. :makepoint:

As I am by no means a toning expert. I had no business commenting on Dimefreak's post and apologize to him for insinuating he was a bad apple. As I just felt imho his post was just his opinion and not the opinion of others.