• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally satisfied, I completely closed out my Mint State 1950 P,D,S Roosevelts with the best monsters

10 posts in this topic

7 years in the making

I do believe this is the first all STAR Roosevelt Mint State MS68 Full Torch P,D and S ever brought together. I have been collecting Roosevelt's since 2007.. Long struggles and sometimes just waiting to see what pops up. Even though I do believe Roosevelt's are one of the hardest series in the modern coins. High grade, plus finding the rare full torch is a challenge, among challenges.

Here is the Rarity breakdown

1950-P MS68*FT POP 1 with none better.

1950-D MS68*FT POP 2 with none better. I owned this coin since

2007 and I have never seen the other coin.

1950-S ms68*FT POP 3 with none better. Kellwj,Staten Island and

I have all 3 monsters.

It may be a few more years, But only time will tell what other year set I can close off?

15531.jpg

See more journals by Paul Kiraly

Holy Cow! Excellent coins!

Do you know anything about the Dr. S. Long Collection? I've got one, a 1955-D 10C NGC MS 66 FT with good color. But I never could find anything about who "Dr. S. Long". I've asked about the person here on the forums before but no one knew.

Yeah I even called NGC to ask them. They said that they don't keep information like that. But it could also be that they don't want to give the information out, which I totally understand. Here's the one I have:

s6ozkh.jpg

I actually think this one has a bit of rim damage at 4 o'clock.

Thank you ,to all , I have the 1946 PD&S set almost complete.

1946-P MS68FT

1946-D MS68*FT

1946-D MS68*FT

My problem is that there is a 1946-P ms68*FT that Kelljw has in his registry that is a pop 1 and I don't consider my set complete without it?

Am I being too hard on myself?