• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I was doing some coin doctoring today....

10 posts in this topic

Used some MS70 on a gold coin that had some haze on it. the lighting techniques are different but you can see the difference.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by doctoring some bullion. I like it better.

caballitoms70-1_zps8731a85b.jpg

Good job Dr. Sam, but did you keep from hairliining the nice mirrors when you applied the MS70? If so, fantastico, and let us know your technique!

Best, HT

This is a true Bullion coin. If you note at 3 o'clock where the 250 is there is a thick scratch that stretches to the e of moneda. This coin will never be worth more than Bullion. That being aid I absolutely love the design so I'll call it more than just a chunk of gold I'll call it mine. is this a true firm of doctoring? I have to agree it's not its more of a restoration as stated.

The technique? Oh it's so very secret! You do a q-tip into ms 70 them you lightly roll it onto the surface of the coin making sure not to rub it on the coin. even a q-tip will damage the delicate surfaces of a proof coin. thoroughly rinse and pat dry again no rubbing. And again don't use on copper it may or may not turn it purple. It's fun to experiment with though.

I had fun experimenting with a Morgan Dollar that was improperly dipped. I used MS70 to neutralize and remove the dip residue. It appeared to change the luster; any thoughts on why? Maybe I over soaked it. The coin would still grade, but it looked odd to these eyes.