• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Card Collectibles

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever considered making coin photos into a trading card collectible venture? You could put the rarest/best/classics/moderns whatever on them to that at least in a sense you could own them. Even use the registry as a marketing tool to get your collection or name on the cards. CoinFacts or the Tru-View or even Heritage auction archives would have tons of photos lying around. What do you think??? I think it would be an interesting idea.

Imagination, Imagination . . .

This made me think about an old book catalogue I have:

tn_bookcards001.jpg

Inside this plastic case are 75 Book Cards of standard trading card size, each featuring a fantastic photo of a great book.

tn_bookcards002.jpg

The reverse of each card gives a bibliographic description and the price of the item.

tn_bookcards003.jpg

I think a catalogue like this put out by a COIN dealer would be a great form of marketing. If not a dealer then perhaps one of the TPGs to highlight some of the top coins or collections they have slabbed. Something like this would be a great marketing tool for a coin photographer to showcase their work. There could be a number of successful opportunities with a little imagination.

Has anyone ever considered making coin photos into a trading card collectible venture? You could put the rarest/best/classics/moderns whatever on them to that at least in a sense you could own them. Even use the registry as a marketing tool to get your collection or name on the cards. CoinFacts or the Tru-View or even Heritage auction archives would have tons of photos lying around. What do you think??? I think it would be an interesting idea.

I think a catalogue like this put out by a COIN dealer would be a great form of marketing. If not a dealer then perhaps one of the TPGs to highlight some of the top coins or collections they have slabbed. Something like this would be a great marketing tool for a coin photographer to showcase their work. There could be a number of successful opportunities with a little imagination.

GREAT IDEAS AS PER THE ABOVE!! :applause:

IF NGC/PCGS AND HERITAGE DID THIS CORRECTLY

I KNOW IT WOULD BE A HUGE MARKETING SUCCESS AND ADD MANY NEW COLLECTORS AND ALSO GENERATE A TON OF FREE POSITIVE ADVERTISING FOR COINS WITH THESE COLLECTOR COIN CARDS 24/7

It's been done at least twice that I know of, possibly three times.

Any more info on that ? I would like to see how it was done. I like the book ones...

It has been done several times with cards and stickers/stamps. All have failed. They pop up on ebay and other auction sites occasionally, along with Exxon gas tokens and other stuff. Coin collectors are usually tangible property types who want the physical object, not a picture.

The potential is there. Sports cards have memorabilia and autograph cards. You could have cards that had rare coins in them. You could have cut autographs from the coin designers, mint personnel, and coin subjects.

You could be on to something!