• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most beautiful toned coin your hands have held?

68 posts in this topic

Sorry, I don't collect much USA material, but I have a few world coin toners in my collection (the two Victoria pieces are my favorites).

1868_Great_Britain_4D_Maundy_PCGS_MS65_composite_zps3dc0d354.jpg

1892_GreatBritain_HalfCrown_PCGS_MS64_Toned_composite_zps0bff298a.jpg

1793_Peru_8Reales_PCGS_AU58_composite.jpg

1797_Middlesex_DH78_Penny_NGC_MS65BN_composite_zps2de1771b.jpg

1857_UpperCanada_HalfPenny_NGC_MS63BN_composite_zps9664ef57.jpg

1946_Luxembourg_50F_NGC_MS67_Toned_composite.jpg

I once had some Australian proof bronzes from 1954-55 that had exquisite blue, purple and red toning over very deep mirror fields and relief. I've never seen a US copper or bronze coin of comparable color, and reflective depth. If I can find the photos I'll post them.

They came from Henry Christensen and were a real joy to own until sold to Downey’s years ago.

Bradick- did that Franky bag? Not that it matters.. its gorgeous! I'm just curious!

It did the first two visits to Newport Beach but was accepted into the family on its third trip.

Sorry, I don't collect much USA material, but I have a few world coin toners in my collection (the two Victoria pieces are my favorites).

1868_Great_Britain_4D_Maundy_PCGS_MS65_composite_zps3dc0d354.jpg

1892_GreatBritain_HalfCrown_PCGS_MS64_Toned_composite_zps0bff298a.jpg

Me likey these two a LOT!

jom

My two favorites in my collection. m

1594-tv25585088.jpg

1594-tv25585088r.jpg

Oh yeah...I remember that on the dealer's site (who (probably) sold it to you). I had NO IDEA what it was...but it was pretty nice!

jom

My two favorites in my collection. m

1594-tv25585088.jpg

1594-tv25585088r.jpg

Oh yeah...I remember that on the dealer's site (who (probably) sold it to you). I had NO IDEA what it was...but it was pretty nice!

jom

Always nice to look at coins from CRO, even if I can't afford them. ;)lol

Jeeez Louise, there are some GORGEOUS coins in this thread.

There is NO way to pick a most beautiful toned coin in even certain denominations, much less across all denominations. Here's one I think highly of...

scJeff44D2sm.jpg

scJeff44Drevsm.jpg

I hate threads like this....

I have coin envy... lol

Some really spectacular toners !!

The two that MJ posted are just unreal.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

OK, I officially hate MJ.

Love the the 30 and 31 dimes! I still hate you though.

lol

jom

Wow! I thought this thread had all but died! Than MJ comes along and does what he does best.... makes me wanna punch him in the throat! :) IDK why that coin is on CRO's site because as I remember MJ bought that over dinner before the show was even over! Man I wished it had made the site.... oh and a little side note... MJ actually holds a tad bit of royalty in that country so the piece is very fitting in his collection... even if he is a jerk :P

Very nice coins everybody!!!

This is one I bought from Ankur awhile back. The picture is nice, but the coin was incredible

46f90e2a63521444f75b9c67644173a6_zps6a08dd07.jpg

This came from the same mint set as coinmans (Kenny) franklin in this thread that was a nice submission that I'll never forget